The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Uni 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey MrsM81!!

Great to hear from you!! Great questions too! In my first year I was probably in around 15-20 hours a week. Our lecturers are trying to condense those hours over 3 days if possible. I am unsure of what days they may be or if that will definitely be the case but I know they try their best to free some time in the week for those who commute a long distance or, like yourself, have a family. And yes placements can be flexible. For those who have families and commitments, the placement team will take this into consideration - just let the tutor and placement lead know! Placements are a really great to learn but obviously its important to get a location doable for you too :u:! Our lectures are really accommodating (I know this from personal experience!) and they appreciate that all students have a life outside university so just let them know your personal circumstances!

I hope this is helpful! Be in touch with any more queries!

Maya
Student Ambassador
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey MrsM81!!

Great to hear from you!! Great questions too! In my first year I was probably in around 15-20 hours a week. Our lecturers are trying to condense those hours over 3 days if possible. I am unsure of what days they may be or if that will definitely be the case but I know they try their best to free some time in the week for those who commute a long distance or, like yourself, have a family. And yes placements can be flexible. For those who have families and commitments, the placement team will take this into consideration - just let the tutor and placement lead know! Placements are a really great to learn but obviously its important to get a location doable for you too :u:! Our lectures are really accommodating (I know this from personal experience!) and they appreciate that all students have a life outside university so just let them know your personal circumstances!

I hope this is helpful! Be in touch with any more queries!

Maya
Student Ambassador

Thank you so much for the reply. That sound great for placements, will hopefully mean I still get to see my babies 😊
Would you say there are many mature students? I am 35 and nervous I'll be the only one my age! Thanks
Hi is anyone starting adult nursing in September?
- Melissa :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, yes Melissa I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsM81
Thank you so much for the reply. That sound great for placements, will hopefully mean I still get to see my babies 😊
Would you say there are many mature students? I am 35 and nervous I'll be the only one my age! Thanks

Hii MrsM81!!

Ah yes its important to keep that work-life balance when studying and during placement :h:!! Our course is great because there is a broad range of ages. We have some students that come straight from school/college but there are also lots of students who have come back to study who are more mature students. I love the fact that we have such a varied course in terms of ages and backgrounds - I think we learn a lot from each other. Lots of people in my year also have children and young families so this will probably be the case for your year too. Again its great as we all have different life experiences to bring to the table! I hope you are really looking forward to starting the course and if you have any more questions please get in touch!

Maya :u::u:
Original post by cookie2396
I've received a conditional offer for OT! I have firmed and applied for Devonshire Courtyard and Victoria Hall accommodation :smile:

Hey there!!

Huge congrats on your conditional offer for OT! I am a third year OT student so if you have any questions fire away!! The course is great - I love it, especially the placements and mental health modules! Studying in Sheffield is amazing, I love this city! If you have an questions about the course, Sheffield or whatever, get in touch!!

Maya Rafferty
(student ambassador)
If anyone is interested here is a group i found for us all on Facebook. Everyone is posting their Halls and Course onto there and finding others on their course. Just follow the link and join up it was easy :smile: I found 4 people on my course so it was definitely worth posting into :biggrin:

Here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076696895684834/
Hello, any postgraduates studying primary education?
Sweet
hi, I have selected Sheffield Hallam at my firm choice but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get the grades, I think I'm going to be off by like 10 points! do any of you guys know how strict they are on entry requirements??
Original post by lucy_hurd
hi, I have selected Sheffield Hallam at my firm choice but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get the grades, I think I'm going to be off by like 10 points! do any of you guys know how strict they are on entry requirements??

hi, i think it depends on how popular your course is but most uni's are okay if you're a tiny bit off as they need people to fill up the course!
Original post by lucy_hurd

Hey Lucy,

icanseethemoon is right, it depends on your course, how many offers have been made and how many people have reached the conditions of their offer. Unless we have given an unconditional offer, we can't guarantee places to anyone until results day so it's just a waiting game I'm afraid. If you have any specific questions around entry requirements, you can speak to our Admissions team on 0114 225 5555 and they should be able to assist you.

Alternatively, have a think about whether you'd still want to go to uni if you don't get the grades as you could find a course through clearing. We'll have information on our website soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks,
Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
Reply 132
hiiii

ive also applied for marketing. hope to hear from thm sooon

has anyone looked at accommodations?
Original post by Kush93
hiiii

ive also applied for marketing. hope to hear from thm sooon

has anyone looked at accommodations?

Helloo there :smile:

Great to see you have applied to Sheffield Hallam - fingers crossed for you! We have a really broad range of accommodation spread across the city. The Forge is a particularly popular one and is located opposite a big Aldi and Waitrose which is handy! I did not personally live in halls but my friends were in the Anvil, Central Quay and Trigon - they loved their experiences and would always say how sociable it was being in Hallam Halls :h:! Here is a link to the accommodation, have a look and see what you think!

Any Questions, get in touch!

Maya Rafferty
(student ambassador)
Reply 134
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Helloo there :smile:

Great to see you have applied to Sheffield Hallam - fingers crossed for you! We have a really broad range of accommodation spread across the city. The Forge is a particularly popular one and is located opposite a big Aldi and Waitrose which is handy! I did not personally live in halls but my friends were in the Anvil, Central Quay and Trigon - they loved their experiences and would always say how sociable it was being in Hallam Halls :h:! Here is a link to the accommodation, have a look and see what you think!

Any Questions, get in touch!

Maya Rafferty
(student ambassador)

Thankyu soo muchh
I'll definitely have a look and fingers and toes are crossed :tongue:
Good luck everybody on receiving your offers and your results - you will do amazingly!

If you have any questions about Sheffield or accommodation, please give me a shout :smile:

Sophie :smile:
http://www.vitastudent.com/locations/sheffield/
Hello, I've been offered an unconditional for Graphic Design and applied for liberty court, does anyone know when unconditionals find out information about their accommodation? :smile:
Reply 137
Original post by Elelizabeth
I've accepted an unconditional for marketing 🙋🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

For MSC marketing right?
Have you heard which hall your gonna b in?
Reply 138
Original post by PoppyAnne
Hello, I've been offered an unconditional for Graphic Design and applied for liberty court, does anyone know when unconditionals find out information about their accommodation? :smile:

We will hear from them by the end of this month!
physiotherapy MSc anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending