The Student Room Group

RAF - RPAS(P) Eyesight requirements?

I am considering applying for an RPAS Pilot position next year in the RAF and was wondering what the eyesight requirements are. I've heard they are the same as regular pilot roles, but if they are what is the measurement for that and can I do a test online to see if I've got good enough sight? I did email them but I didn't get a very helpful reply

Thanks
Original post by jamb97
I am considering applying for an RPAS Pilot position next year in the RAF and was wondering what the eyesight requirements are. I've heard they are the same as regular pilot roles, but if they are what is the measurement for that and can I do a test online to see if I've got good enough sight? I did email them but I didn't get a very helpful reply

Thanks

No they are different to pilot. Go speak to your AFCO for exact specifics.
Reply 2
Original post by Anderson134353
No they are different to pilot. Go speak to your AFCO for exact specifics.
I'll do that, thanks for the reply.
Reply 3
Original post by jamb97

Thanks

Regardless of what the standards are, there's no online test you can do that will tell you what your eyesight is. You'll have to actually go see a person and get tested.

Quick Reply

Latest