The Student Room Group

applying to McGill from the UK, how does it work and are my grades enough? thanks!!!!

It is my dream to study at the faculty of arts, humanities and social sciences at McGill university. I'm just not sure if my grades will allow me to get in! I would really appreciate anyone letting me know what they think.

At AS I got 4 As in total.

Politics - A
Creative Writing - A
Philosophy - A
Media - A

and my A2 predictions are...

Politics - A
Media - A*
philosophy - A

Do I apply with my predicted grades and not my final grades to McGill? so technically I could flop the exam but still get in with GCSE AS and my predictions? or how does it work? when do you find out if you have gotten in? so confused!!!

and At GCSE I got

English Literature - A*
English language - A*
Religious studies - A*
Art - A*
Media - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
Math -B

I have a lot of impressive extra curriculum which includes debating, and piano, but I know that unfortunately Canadian universities don't look at your extra cuticular. What are the chances of me getting Into McGill with these grades? THANKYOU so much for your help!!!!!!
Original post by Camilleflorence
It is my dream to study at the faculty of arts, humanities and social sciences at McGill university. I'm just not sure if my grades will allow me to get in! I would really appreciate anyone letting me know what they think.

At AS I got 4 As in total.

Politics - A
Creative Writing - A
Philosophy - A
Media - A

and my A2 predictions are...

Politics - A
Media - A*
philosophy - A

Do I apply with my predicted grades and not my final grades to McGill? so technically I could flop the exam but still get in with GCSE AS and my predictions? or how does it work? when do you find out if you have gotten in? so confused!!!

and At GCSE I got

English Literature - A*
English language - A*
Religious studies - A*
Art - A*
Media - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
Math -B

I have a lot of impressive extra curriculum which includes debating, and piano, but I know that unfortunately Canadian universities don't look at your extra cuticular. What are the chances of me getting Into McGill with these grades? THANKYOU so much for your help!!!!!!

Based on your predicted grades, you should be competitive enough in your application. Just to let you know that you still have to end up providing your final grades to McGill and you will only be accepted after you meet their conditional offer. That means that if you flop your exam, your offer will be revoked and they will not take your GCSE and AS grades solely on their own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending