The Student Room Group

Forgot to include some qualifications.

So I sent my application to Oxford and I forgot to include three GCSE qualifications. What is the worst possible outcome?
Original post by AlmostNotable
So I sent my application to Oxford and I forgot to include three GCSE qualifications. What is the worst possible outcome?

Call UCAS to amend the application ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call UCAS and see what they can do. The worst possible outcome is that they look to see whether you've declared everything, find that you haven't, and you get rejected for not declaring qualifications despite having ticked a box on your UCAS form saying that you have.

However, if you call them, even if they're not able to do anything, at least they'll know that you tried to correct the issue -- that should go some way towards not giving the impression that you tried to hide stuff.

Out of interest, what grades did you have in these GCSE qualifications?
Did you do it through college or on your own? If college then they should've checked everything over for you, have they sent it off for you because your application doesn't go straight to Oxford?

The worst possible outcome is that you get rejected, but that won't be anything to do with missing things off the form, because that can easily be corrected by contacting UCAS and telling them.
Original post by Hydeman
Call UCAS and see what they can do. The worst possible outcome is that they look to see whether you've declared everything, find that you haven't, and you get rejected for not declaring qualifications despite having ticked a box on your UCAS form saying that you have.

However, if you call them, even if they're not able to do anything, at least they'll know that you tried to correct the issue -- that should go some way towards not giving the impression that you tried to hide stuff.

Out of interest, what grades did you have in these GCSE qualifications?

Business D*
Sport - Pass
ICT - Pass

Everyone at our school had to do those.
Business D*
Sport - Pass
ICT - Pass

Everyone at our school had to do those.
email the details to [email protected]

Once they confirm that they've updated their records let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending