The Student Room Group

Do Sixth forms take 18 year olds?

I turn 18 in August and was wondering whether Sixth forms would take me in. I did my GCSE's at college where I got 4As and 1C. The thing is they're only allowing Alevel students to study 3 subjects. I'm hoping to study Maths as I got an A in gcse, Business, Economics and Computing. Does anyone know a sixthform near Essex, preferably close to Chigwell or Loughton
Original post by TSAntidote
I turn 18 in August and was wondering whether Sixth forms would take me in. I did my GCSE's at college where I got 4As and 1C. The thing is they're only allowing Alevel students to study 3 subjects. I'm hoping to study Maths as I got an A in gcse, Business, Economics and Computing. Does anyone know a sixthform near Essex, preferably close to Chigwell or Loughton

Best thing to do is ask! I know their is one student in my sixth form who is 18 (possibly) 19 and only comes in for a level history so just ask the sixth forms you're interested in.
(edited 8 years ago)
Same as what Jerome said. I would just ask the sixth form that you are considering to join. There has been a student in the sixth form I attend who is 19, but they are still here to resit year 13.
Reply 3
I resat year 12 at my schools sixth form so left at 19. I think 6th forms attached to schools and 6th form colleges might not take you as you wouldn't be able to complete your A-Levels in the time frame (you'd be over 19 when you finish and they only really accept those who will finish by the age of 19). However, further education colleges will as they take anybody regardless of age. Best bet is to phone the colleges you're interested in, they'd be able to give you a definitive answer.

Quick Reply

Latest