The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester Applicants Discussion Thread 2016

Hello everyone!

This thread is for general discussion about the University of Chester. If you have any questions feel free to ask us :smile:

Find out more about our courses, campuses and student life.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Got a BCC offer yesterday to do International Relations+International development
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Hi!

I have a small booklet from you and a couple of pages include accommodation and it says some accommodation is ''standard'', can you please clarify what this means?

Thanks
Original post by TheTinyGiant
Hi!

I have a small booklet from you and a couple of pages include accommodation and it says some accommodation is ''standard'', can you please clarify what this means?

Thanks

Hello, standard accommodation means you will be sharing communal facilities such as a bathroom with other people in your accommodation. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by University of Chester
Hello, standard accommodation means you will be sharing communal facilities such as a bathroom with other people in your accommodation. Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you! How many people is it usually per accommodation?(if that makes sense).

Thank you!
Thank you! How many people is it usually per accommodation?(if that makes sense).

Thank you!

This can vary depending on the type of accommodation you are in. However, standard accommodation means you would share a bathroom with a maximum of 6 people and kitchen facilities (please note that only semi and self catered residences have kitchens). To find out more about all the different types of accommodation we have you are best having a look at our accommodation web pages http://www.chester.ac.uk/accommodation/options :smile:
Thank you very much! :smile:
Got an offer today for Law with Business (BBB). Am going to firm it but got BBC at AS so i better start pulling my finger out
Sorry me again.

I'm hoping to study BSc Ani Behv and Welfare and the first year is located at Reaseheath College, what will my options be for allocation for the second year (first year at the Parkgate campus). Will I have to find my own privately rented accommodation?

Thanks
Reply 9
Hi!

I'm selling my room on Bouverie Street which is a 5 minute walk from the main park gate campus and 10 minutes away from the city centre

It's a large, fully furnished, spacious room with a double bed in a house sharing with 3 other girls (who are all perfectly nice!)

If anyone's interested, feel free to message me!

You can email me if you're interested! - [email protected]

Thankyou xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry me again.

I'm hoping to study BSc Ani Behv and Welfare and the first year is located at Reaseheath College, what will my options be for allocation for the second year (first year at the Parkgate campus). Will I have to find my own privately rented accommodation?

Thanks

As you will be a second year student you will need to look for accommodation in the private sector. But if you have any questions our Accommodation team are happy to help. We recommend when looking for accommodation in Chester that you use Chester Student Stamp search facilities http://www.chesterstudentstamp.co.uk/Accommodation All the accommodation on the site has got the Student Stamp from the local council. :smile:
Original post by fireway10
Got an offer today for Law with Business (BBB). Am going to firm it but got BBC at AS so i better start pulling my finger out

Don't worry I got BCC and I study Law with Criminology. Is Chester your first choice? If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by KirstyRachel_96
Don't worry I got BCC and I study Law with Criminology. Is Chester your first choice? If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hi
Thanks for that hopefully they will still accept me even if i miss out on BBB :smile:. Just a couple of questions. How are you finding the course at Chester. How hard it it? Also do the lecturers make the course and their lectures interesting?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Hi, got an offer for BBC for history and want to chose Chester. I was just wondering, John Milton Hall says the accommodation is en suite single or twin. Does twin mean you share a bedroom with someone? If so can you chose between single or twin or is this randomly allocated?
Original post by E. Jones
Hi, got an offer for BBC for history and want to chose Chester. I was just wondering, John Milton Hall says the accommodation is en suite single or twin. Does twin mean you share a bedroom with someone? If so can you chose between single or twin or is this randomly allocated?

Hello, congratulations on your offer! :smile:

There's more information about John Milton Hall online http://www.chester.ac.uk/node/23765

Don't worry too much about particular halls of residence, as when you apply you don't need to choose a specific halls of residence. To make the application easier we simply ask you to rank your preferences e.g. self catered en-suite, self catered standard, studio flat, full board en-suite etc.
Hi, this might be a bit of a silly question. I am hoping to get an offer for Chester to do Religion and English language. I was just wandering if it is compulsory to stay in halls in your first year, as I am living independently currently and would like to just move house rather than move into halls. Somebody in my class told me that you have to but I'm dubious. Thanks.
Original post by KirstyRachel_96

Hi :smile: I'm considering Chester as my firm choice for Law with Criminology! Just wanted to ask how you've found the course so far; particularly the lectures/seminars :smile:
I'm applying to Chester for Criminology! I'm also applying to Uni of Brighton, Uni of York, Uni of Liverpool and London South Bank..I sent off my application last night and I've had two acknowledgement emails from York and Chester. Has anyone got offers yet?!
I got a conditional offer for law with business (BBB)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skesutton
Hi, this might be a bit of a silly question. I am hoping to get an offer for Chester to do Religion and English language. I was just wandering if it is compulsory to stay in halls in your first year, as I am living independently currently and would like to just move house rather than move into halls. Somebody in my class told me that you have to but I'm dubious. Thanks.

Hi, no you don't have to stay in University accommodation. There is lots of private sector accommodation in Chester, so you should have plenty of choice when looking for your own accommodation :smile: There is more information about private sector accommodation on our website http://www.chester.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective-students/private-sector-accommodation Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending