The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester Applicants Discussion Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I had my interview on 28th Jan - still haven't heard anything but I was told it may take until 31st March! Chester is the last uni to get back to me but the one I want as my firm choice. Really hoping I'll hear soon. Good luck everyone else x
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by itsemilyyeahh
I've had my offer to study Theology and Religious Studies at Chester and I have put it as my firm choice. Just wondering who else has applied for this course? I'd just like to get talk to people before we start the course so there isn't that awkward introduction😂😂

Spoiler

Hi, I'm going to be commuting from over 50 miles away from the Parkgate campus - is there any on-campus car parking available?
Original post by 30038460
Hi, I'm going to be commuting from over 50 miles away from the Parkgate campus - is there any on-campus car parking available?

Hello,

If you are commuting you can apply for a free parking permit for the Parkgate Road Campus. Please note this doesn't guarantee you a space, parking is on a first come first served basis.

If you have any questions about parking you can email: [email protected].
Reply 84
Original post by Lion467

Spoiler

I've been offered a place to study Theology and Religion, it's quite likely i'll be putting it as my firm.
Reply 85
Hi, I live in Manchester (M33 post code), and I was told by one of my friends that I might not get accommodation. Is this true?
Original post by HBall98
Hi, I live in Manchester (M33 post code), and I was told by one of my friends that I might not get accommodation. Is this true?

Hello,

Whilst we cannot guarantee accommodation, last year all our applicants who wanted accommodation were offered a place in University owned or partnership accommodation. We expect this to be the same this year.

Further details on our accommodation can be found online. If you have any queries about the application process or our accommodation, please contact our accommodation team.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01244 513000
Facebook: facebook.com/uocresidentialliving
Hi. I'm an international postgraduate potential student. Is accommodation guaranteed?
Original post by beccabedford
Hi. I'm an international postgraduate potential student. Is accommodation guaranteed?

Hello,

If you are a non EU student, then you are guaranteed a place in university owned or partnership accommodation if you are studying on a full time postgraduate course and you submit your application by the advertised deadline (14th August).

If you apply to Chester, then all non EU students will be receiving an email regarding accommodation in May from the International Office and you can then begin your accommodation application.

Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by University of Chester
Hello,

If you are a non EU student, then you are guaranteed a place in university owned or partnership accommodation if you are studying on a full time postgraduate course and you submit your application by the advertised deadline (14th August).

If you apply to Chester, then all non EU students will be receiving an email regarding accommodation in May from the International Office and you can then begin your accommodation application.

Hope that helps :smile:

It does. Thank you.
Hi, I'm starting this September and will be based at the Riverside campus and I was wondering if I can park at the Queen's park campus or that reserved for Queen's park students only? Thanks
Original post by lisatayla
Hi, I'm starting this September and will be based at the Riverside campus and I was wondering if I can park at the Queen's park campus or that reserved for Queen's park students only? Thanks

Hello, good question! We'd suggest contacting our Parking Team at [email protected]
Hi,
Was just wondering, I received a BB offer for psychology, and was wondering what type of accommodation is there nearest the psychology block? I haven't been to an open day as my schedule has been busy. could you help?
Original post by caz-marie97
Hi,
Was just wondering, I received a BB offer for psychology, and was wondering what type of accommodation is there nearest the psychology block? I haven't been to an open day as my schedule has been busy. could you help?

Hello, Psychology is based on our Parkgate Road Campus and the majority of student accommodation is either on or just a short walk from the Parkgate Road Campus.

Take a look at our Accommodation Guide which explains the application process for accommodation and explains about the different options available e.g. self-catered, full-board etc.

You can view the different halls of residence online, some of them even have 360 tours!

Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 94
I've been put in de bunsen hall main house, and was wondering what the situation is with kitchens as i can't find anywhere about how big it is/ how many there are for 31 people....
Original post by kwildy96
I've been put in de bunsen hall main house, and was wondering what the situation is with kitchens as i can't find anywhere about how big it is/ how many there are for 31 people....

Hello, there are only 18 students within the main house in De Bunsen Hall. There is also an annex which houses another 11 students, which has its own separate facilities. The main house has one large kitchen/diner which is shared between between all 18 students. Within the kitchen there are various ovens/hobs, fridge/freezers etc. as well as many dining chairs and tables.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 96
Hi Thanks for this! is there an official Facebook page for all the accommodation?
Original post by kwildy96
Hi Thanks for this! is there an official Facebook page for all the accommodation?

There's a general page which is managed by our Accommodation Team, so if you have any questions you can ask them :smile: https://www.facebook.com/uocresidentialliving/

However, there are Facebook groups currently being set up for each Hall of Residence, when they are set up they will be posted on here, so that you can join the relevant group and meet housemates before you start :smile:
Original post by katie0110
Hi! I'm hoping to do Business Management too!

I'm doing business management!
For those who have been accepted, what are the next steps the university will give us/recommend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending