The Student Room Group

uni of gronigen- does it offer medicine?

hi, I know there are lots of threads like this but I can't seem to find one that fits my question.
I want to study medicine, and am presuming I will end up abroad! the university of Groningen offers medicine courses such as molecular medicine. but i cant figure out if this is a actual medicine degree or a science degree that could lead to going to a medicine course after. would love any help or advice what so ever!
Original post by trustinginglory
hi, I know there are lots of threads like this but I can't seem to find one that fits my question.
I want to study medicine, and am presuming I will end up abroad! the university of Groningen offers medicine courses such as molecular medicine. but i cant figure out if this is a actual medicine degree or a science degree that could lead to going to a medicine course after. would love any help or advice what so ever!

Hello,

There is a forum for 2016 Medicine applicants if you'd like to participate :smile: the first 3 years of the programme give you a BSc in Medicine and is taught in English. The following three years are taught in Dutch due to the clinical experience in Dutch hospitals, so you'll need to learn the language in the first 3 years to be eligible to study the following three years. The University of Groningen will support you and give you 50 hours of free Dutch lessons to start you off.

If Dutch isn't for you we have various Health and Life Science postgraduate degrees available (in English) if you do not want to take the medicine route. :smile:
thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending