The Student Room Group

(Typically) what books really appeal to universities ?

I'm applying to study English Literature (possibly as a major with a minor in either psychology or film studies, bit of a contrast I know)
And after searching online and finding ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I thought I'd make an account and ask here.

Are there any books that you know of that would really impress the Universities reading a personal statement?
I've got to the point of my application where I need to name drop a few books, and I would really like some advice on which books I should read - enjoyable experiences as well as shining on a personal statement.

Original post by queen of thorns
I'm applying to study English Literature (possibly as a major with a minor in either psychology or film studies, bit of a contrast I know)
And after searching online and finding ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I thought I'd make an account and ask here.

Are there any books that you know of that would really impress the Universities reading a personal statement?
I've got to the point of my application where I need to name drop a few books, and I would really like some advice on which books I should read - enjoyable experiences as well as shining on a personal statement.

Start here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2012563&p=37765516#post37765516

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending