The Student Room Group

HELP ME, Is this ok to ask a girl out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mediageek123
Awww,

I think this is so sweet, you really like her. :biggrin:

I know what its like to be in your situation, its difficult to know what to do or whether to do anything at all.

I think the idea of a note is really sweet, not at all childish- it shows you are creative and think outside the box. If my crush asked me out with a note, I would think its wonderful. All girls are different, but if she knows you are shy, no matter the method of how you ask her out, hopefully she'll appreciate how much courage it took for you to ask her out. :smile:

If its distracting you from your studies, I'd actually encourage you to ask her out- that way once you get an answer. If she says yes HOORAY you get to date her and also you haven't got to freak out every time you want to talk to her. If she says no, it'll hurt but at least you know the answer so the thought of asking her out doesn't haunt your every thought of the day.

Good luck!

i am quite sure she likes me but i am ready for whatever happens
Just get to know her better, don't ask her out just yet! Give it some more time and you two will be golden
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
i am quite sure she likes me but i am ready for whatever happens

Bro go for it, you'll pull her:wink: but do let us know how it goes yh!!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't write a letter OP, it won't work. Not coming from an expert or anything, but how will you be able to withhold a relationship or regular contact with her if you can't ask her out face-to-face? The courage isn't suddenly going to pop up out of nowhere. Push yourself and ask her out face-to-face. Don't be pushy and don't be submissive, though. Just play it cool and you'll be fine.
Original post by f.loco
Bro go for it, you'll pull her:wink: but do let us know how it goes yh!!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

SURE
how'd it go???
so today i almost asked her but this guy came in and i had to stop, i think she knew what i was going to ask as i dont talk to her much unless she talks to me . and my friends even made fun of us eating at some place tonight and she said yes. I will definitely ask her tomorrow
So their is a girl in class that i like and i think she likes me too since last year, no one ever told me she likes me but she had my friend ask me if i like anyone and then when i went to class i heard them talking something about "you will never get him" (this happened last year so i cant remember everything). Since starting school recently she's been talking to me more often and my friends say that she likes me and that she told that in class.I was planning to ask her out today but felt too shy so i am thinking of doing it on sunday and wanted some help on asking her out.I am 90% sure that she likes me but i feel she might not like me and reject me.I am a really shy guys usually i dont talk to girls at all since i am way to shy, but she has been talking to me recently. My friends even joke about us being BF and GF and by her reactions she kindoff liked it.I was planning to write a note and give it to her in the morining alone but i need your help

This is what i thought of asking her
1) Hey
wanna date?

2)Hey
Do you like me ?

(I am too shy to talk to her that's why i decide to write a note)
anything is really appreciated, i really want to ask her out.
You could do something a little less awkward, like asking if she wants to get a coffee or see a film.
Reply 68
so today i almost asked her but this guy came in and i had to stop, i think she knew what i was going to ask as i dont talk to her much unless she talks to me . and my friends even made fun of us eating at some place tonight and she said yes. I will definitely ask her tomorrow

You missed ur luck, don't beat around the bush. Do it! Tomorrow something else will happen, the next day something else, trust me just do it tomorrow!! Think as though she'll be taken tomorrow by someone else if u don't take her first!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anther thing you can do is actually talk to her become close to her like start of as a friend then a best friend then date her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Slip her your digits
Reply 71
Posted from TSR Mobile

I will surely get her tomorrow, but I feel so nervous when I am going to ask her. I had that same exact thought someone else can get her
ask for a phone number, ask to meet up. Don't say anything that communicates dependence on her. Don't write a poem ffs.
Reply 73
Posted from TSR Mobile
I am writing a note not a letter
Nah try:

Yo my Size, what's ur digits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Slip her your digits

You were talking about her phone number, right?
Reply 76
Original post by Ellis2314
You were talking about her phone number, right?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f.loco
Mate, keep your feelings locked. These are temporary feelings and you get them all the time. Focus on your work, plus if she says no, your classes will be awkward AF. My advice is to leave it if your work is important (year 11+) or if you're younger, go for it, experiment but face to face! Don't be shy, grow some balls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't listen to this just give her the note

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f.loco
You missed ur luck, don't beat around the bush. Do it! Tomorrow something else will happen, the next day something else, trust me just do it tomorrow!! Think as though she'll be taken tomorrow by someone else if u don't take her first!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did it again, got scared and didnt ask. i am all prepared now but when time comes i am too scared and nervous to ask
Why would people make fun of you?!? Surely it's a good thing to have a bf/gf right???!?? Proves that you aren't gay xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending