The Student Room Group

**Consultancy Summer Vacation Scheme/Internship 2016 Discussion Thread**

Hi,

So didn't notice one of these yet and would love to know where/when people have been applying too, how you guys preparing and finding the psychometric testing, uni/qualifications, any general gossip etc.

I'll start off:

A-levels: A*A*A (Geog, Econ, Bio)
Uni: University of Nottingham
Degree: BA Geography
Predicted/1st year score: 1st

**** tonne, literally one metric tonne of extra-curriculars and W/E on a summer camp in the US for 2 months in 2015.

Applying to: PwC, Deloitte, Accenture, maybe EY if they reopen. Then gonna have a go at McKinsey, BCG, Bain for ****s and giggles.

Finding the psychometric testing a bitch though. Averaging ~50th percentile, highest 79th but equally getting 20th-30th often too on verbal reasoning... Haven't even started the numerical stuff yet.

Also anyone know what the average salary is for an intern? (one of Accenture's questions...)
Original post by MaxLikesNoodles
Hi,

So didn't notice one of these yet and would love to know where/when people have been applying too, how you guys preparing and finding the psychometric testing, uni/qualifications, any general gossip etc.

I'll start off:

**** tonne, literally one metric tonne of extra-curriculars and W/E on a summer camp in the US for 2 months in 2015.

Applying to: PwC, Deloitte, Accenture, maybe EY if they reopen. Then gonna have a go at McKinsey, BCG, Bain for ****s and giggles.

Finding the psychometric testing a bitch though. Averaging ~50th percentile, highest 79th but equally getting 20th-30th often too on verbal reasoning... Haven't even started the numerical stuff yet.

Also anyone know what the average salary is for an intern? (one of Accenture's questions...)

What about the tier 2s? And are you going for Strategy&/Deloitte Monitor or just standard consulting?

There is no avg salary tbh, you'll get paid pro rata oof maybe slightly less than what they pay grads. IIRC, grad pay at Accenture is £31.5k. In any case, just leave it as N/A.

For testing, just work your butt off with the practice tests online + the various paid providers like graduate monkey, assessment day, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
What about the tier 2s? And are you going for Strategy&/Deloitte Monitor or just standard consulting?

There is no avg salary tbh, you'll get paid pro rata oof maybe slightly less than what they pay grads. IIRC, grad pay at Accenture is £31.5k. In any case, just leave it as N/A.

For testing, just work your butt off with the practice tests online + the various paid providers like graduate monkey, assessment day, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Deloitte Monitor not Deloitte sorry, but didn't bother with strategy&, maybe have a go at Oliver Wyman I'll see how the other applications go. Just fancied diversifying myself throughout the relatively "easier" processes than the harder ones too...
Reply 3
Original post by MaxLikesNoodles
Hi,

I'll start off:

Finding the psychometric testing a ***** though. Averaging ~50th percentile, highest 79th but equally getting 20th-30th often too on verbal reasoning... Haven't even started the numerical stuff yet.

Heyy i jnow its been a while butt did you end up getting any of the jobs? And how is itt ?? Also how was the testing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending