The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I get to go in the main one too :biggrin: Revol!
Sooo....what am I?
Reply 42
Wootcannon
Sooo....what am I?

Since Alasdair is going to be away when we start you've got the UK if you want it.
Reply 43
Sign me up!
Reply 44
I will be india for this!
Reply 45
Nefarious
ASAP, the MUN is dead.

I'll send a PM round in a bit but I wanted to give people checking in without prompting first dibs.

That's what happens when you VNC people. Now everything is vanilla.
Reply 46
The_Bear
Sign me up!

Take your pick of country then from the one's left. :smile:

Tibia

That's what happens when you VNC people. Now everything is vanilla.

a) I didn't VNC you, the membership did.
b) That you can seriously blame the MUN's inactivity on the fact that you had to change countries astounds me.
sign me up - I don't mind which country.
Reply 48
Sign me up for Iran then.
Reply 49
Nefarious

a) I didn't VNC you, the membership did.
b) That you can seriously blame the MUN's inactivity on the fact that you had to change countries astounds me.

lol. Even my ego isn't that big. I was talking about how people can get VNCed for making debates "lively".
Israel if it hasn't been taken yet coz I'm part Jewish apparently lol (K it's only like 1/8th but still).

My cousins are Jewish too.
Reply 51
danni_bella
Israel if it hasn't been taken yet coz I'm part Jewish apparently lol (K it's only like 1/8th but still).

My cousins are Jewish too.

that will jew (do) for me, is Aden represented yet:smile:
:itsme: I'm back :biggrin: Does anybody need me? :s-smilie:
cjgbr
...is Aden represented yet:smile:

Aden? ^o)
Reply 54
Craghyrax
Aden? ^o)

To follow is some points from Wikipedia, showing Aden I believed it was an important place in relationship to the Suez Canal. On further investigation what I believed was a country 'as my 91 year old Uncle keeps reminding me he was their'. however i guess its no longer a country in its own right but was once represented at the British Commonwealth games.:smile:

Aden encloses the eastern side of a vast, natural harbour that comprises the modern port. The volcanic peninsula of Little Aden forms a near-mirror image, enclosing the harbour and port on the western side. Little Aden became the site of the oil refinery and tanker port. Both were established and operated by British Petroleum until they were turned over to Yemeni government ownerships and control in 1977.

Aden was the capital of the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen until that country's unification with the Yemen Arab Republic when it was declared a free trade zone. It gives its name to the Gulf of Aden.

After the loss of the Suez Canal in 1956, Aden became the main base in the region for the British.

Aden sent a team of two to the 1962 British Empire and Commonwealth Games in Perth, Western Australia.
Reply 55
cjgbr
To follow is some points from Wikipedia, showing Aden I believed it was an important place in relationship to the Suez Canal. On further investigation what I believed was a country 'as my 91 year old Uncle keeps reminding me he was their'. however i guess its no longer a country in its own right but was once represented at the British Commonwealth games.:smile:

Aden encloses the eastern side of a vast, natural harbour that comprises the modern port. The volcanic peninsula of Little Aden forms a near-mirror image, enclosing the harbour and port on the western side. Little Aden became the site of the oil refinery and tanker port. Both were established and operated by British Petroleum until they were turned over to Yemeni government ownerships and control in 1977.

Aden was the capital of the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen until that country's unification with the Yemen Arab Republic when it was declared a free trade zone. It gives its name to the Gulf of Aden.

After the loss of the Suez Canal in 1956, Aden became the main base in the region for the British.

Aden sent a team of two to the 1962 British Empire and Commonwealth Games in Perth, Western Australia.

Aden also wasn't a UN Member until 1967, I think.
I see.

Latest

Trending

Trending