The Student Room Group

University of Groningen 2016/17 Applicants

A thread dedicated to all applicants that want to study at the University of Groningen in September 2016! Introduce yourself, let us know what course you want to study and make friends before you arrive! :smile:

I'll start - I'm the University of Groningen, 401 years old :wink: and I'm always learning! I'm super excited about our new degrees BA/BSc Liberal Arts and Sciences and BA Media Studies and I've got over 100 master degrees available in English. It's nice to virtually meet you all :smile:

Scroll to see replies

DarkEclipse; interested in studying the BSc course in Chemical Engineering. International student.
hi :smile: intrested in the international law program at groningen, which i will hopefully be a part of next year. I'll be coming from India :smile:
Reply 3
Hi! I too am interested in the BSc Chemical Engineering course. British student.
Reply 4
Original post by DarkEclipse
DarkEclipse; interested in studying the BSc course in Chemical Engineering. International student.

Hey! Same here! Where you from? Have you started your application yet?
Original post by natasha0209
hi :smile: intrested in the international law program at groningen, which i will hopefully be a part of next year. I'll be coming from India :smile:

I'll be coming from India too!
Original post by tvdfan
Hey! Same here! Where you from? Have you started your application yet?

Hey! I'm from India :smile:
Yeah, I have. I'm finished with it, I just have to upload a copy of my diploma, which I'll do when I receive my AS level grades in January.

What about you? Have you started it?
Reply 7
Hey! I'm from India :smile:
Yeah, I have. I'm finished with it, I just have to upload a copy of my diploma, which I'll do when I receive my AS level grades in January.

What about you? Have you started it?

Oh that's great! :smile: Nope I haven't started it yet but will do soon! How long did the application take? And how comes you get your results in January? Did you not sit your exams in the May/June summer period like us Brits?
Original post by tvdfan
Oh that's great! :smile: Nope I haven't started it yet but will do soon! How long did the application take? And how comes you get your results in January? Did you not sit your exams in the May/June summer period like us Brits?

Uhm, with the Studielink and the OAS account, I would say no more than 10 minutes. Of course, I already wrote my motivation letter beforehand, so I'm not including the time taken for that.

I did, but my grades were pretty average, so I retook a few subjects in the October/November winter session.
Reply 9
Hi I'm from indonesia. I'm interested in studying Applied Math program.
Reply 10
Hi guys and thank you to the uni for opening the thread. I'm from Macedonia and I'm planning on applying to the Medicine, Global Health program. Anyone else interested in medicine? :smile:
Reply 11
hello! i'm applying to the economics and business economics (bsc) course.
have any of you written your motivation letters yet? i'm not exactly sure what's required; i've been looking through different forums, and what i've gathered so far is that this one is more.. straight-forward compared to the usual ucas personal statements. are we actually supposed to start the letter with "dear sir/madam, i am applying to...", etc, or will the usual layout work out? y'know, starting off with an anecdote, or something.
i hope i'm making myself clear ahahahhaa
Reply 12
Original post by mxcxcx
have any of you written your motivation letters yet? i'm not exactly sure what's required; i've been looking through different forums, and what i've gathered so far is that this one is more.. straight-forward compared to the usual ucas personal statements. are we actually supposed to start the letter with "dear sir/madam, i am applying to...", etc, or will the usual layout work out? y'know, starting off with an anecdote, or something.

I'd also like to know more about the letter of motivation, I want to apply for liberal arts and sciences. From what I've gathered it seems to want to know about you and why you want to study at the university, however, I could be completely wrong and would really appreciate any other information :smile:
I'll be coming from India too!

Hi I'm from Thailand! I'm interested in international law too! :biggrin:
Original post by mxcxcx

Original post by emcc_909
I'd also like to know more about the letter of motivation, I want to apply for liberal arts and sciences. From what I've gathered it seems to want to know about you and why you want to study at the university, however, I could be completely wrong and would really appreciate any other information :smile:

Hello :smile:

Motivation letters - yes please write it as a letter. We would definitely recommend writing specifically about your motivation to study our programme. What is it about the curriculum/subject that makes you want to study it? If any of you have written a personal statement for your UCAS application that is a great starting point, however it is quite broad so make it bespoke to the University of Groningen. You don't need to blow our trumpet, we know our rankings, so tell us about you. Tell us why offering you a place is the right thing to do.

I hope that helps and good luck!
Hello from Germany!

I've been conditionally admitted to the Bachelor of Medical Sciences. I was in the armed forces for four years and so now I'm currently busy learning Biology and Chemistry for the test day!
Hi :smile: I'm applying for IRIO. Is anyone else applying for this course or already studying it? In the process of writing my letter of motivation. I'm finding it quite difficult since it's so different to the UCAS personal statement! Has anyone any advice? Also, what titles should I use in my CV since most of the information is already somewhere in the application form?
Hi! Im MarsAgarwal10 and I have been accepted into the BSc. Chemical Engineering Programme. I am currently an IB student from Mumbai, India.

Anyone else doing IB and applying to RUG?
Reply 18
Anyone applying for American Studies or English Language And Culture? What entry requirements do you think are there?
Original post by LeopoldStotch
Hello from Germany!

I've been conditionally admitted to the Bachelor of Medical Sciences. I was in the armed forces for four years and so now I'm currently busy learning Biology and Chemistry for the test day!

Helloo! I'm applying too... Did you receive the homework? It's so hard lol :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending