The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What are the chances of me getting in LSE law with these grades?

I'm not from the UK and the conversion of my predicted grades to A- levels are as follows:
3A*s , 3As and 1C (for Chinese)
Or I could have gotten 4A*s, 2As and 1C (still for Chi)

Not entirely sure with me predicted grades since my teacher wouldn't let me see all of them...
What are my chances of getting in to LSE law? Pretty sure plenty of people get better grades than me... What law programmes in other universities do you think would accept me though? Thank you
Original post by mumollypolly
I'm not from the UK and the conversion of my predicted grades to A- levels are as follows:
3A*s , 3As and 1C (for Chinese)
Or I could have gotten 4A*s, 2As and 1C (still for Chi)

Not entirely sure with me predicted grades since my teacher wouldn't let me see all of them...
What are my chances of getting in to LSE law? Pretty sure plenty of people get better grades than me... What law programmes in other universities do you think would accept me though? Thank you

You'll need to look at the universities' websites to see what they think about the acceptability of your Chinese qualifications. I'm not sure how you're converting from those to A Levels but, if you had seven A Levels and six of these were at A*/A, you'd have as good a chance as anybody else provided other parts of your application were satisfactory.

I recommend contacting LSE and other universities you're looking at. :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Hydeman
You'll need to look at the universities' websites to see what they think about the acceptability of your Chinese qualifications. I'm not sure how you're converting from those to A Levels but, if you had seven A Levels and six of these were at A*/A, you'd have as good a chance as anybody else provided other parts of your application were satisfactory.

I recommend contacting LSE and other universities you're looking at. :smile:

I looked up the conversion table from the LSE website and I converted it based on the conversion table. For Chinese, I have met the minimum requirement and the minimum requirement only...
I looked up the conversion table from the LSE website and I converted it based on the conversion table. For Chinese, I have met the minimum requirement and the minimum requirement only...

The other conversion to 3 A*s, 3 As and 1 C is wrong in that case, because LSE requires A*AA to study law at present. If you only just met the requirements, that would mean your grades amount to A*AA at A Level, not A*A*A*AAAC.

In any case, if you meet their requirements, then you should apply if you want to study there. People don't get in based solely on grades -- there are far more applicants who have the necessary grades/predictions so they do use other criteria to decide who gets an offer.

Remember: there's only one way to guarantee that you won't get in, and that's if you don't apply. :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
The other conversion to 3 A*s, 3 As and 1 C is wrong in that case, because LSE requires A*AA to study law at present. If you only just met the requirements, that would mean your grades amount to A*AA at A Level, not A*A*A*AAAC.

In any case, if you meet their requirements, then you should apply if you want to study there. People don't get in based solely on grades -- there are far more applicants who have the necessary grades/predictions so they do use other criteria to decide who gets an offer.

Remember: there's only one way to guarantee that you won't get in, and that's if you don't apply. :wink:

I'm actually from Hong Kong...
It requires all Cs in my core subjects and A*AA in my electives
So I got A*/As in everything except for a C in Chinese, which is a core subject.
So meaning that I met the minimum requirement for Chinese but not exceeding the minimum requirement for Chinese.

Also, are the applications starting already? I thought they only start on Oct 19...

Thank you for your patience! I'm really anxious...
I'm actually from Hong Kong...
It requires all Cs in my core subjects and A*AA in my electives
So I got A*/As in everything except for a C in Chinese, which is a core subject.
So meaning that I met the minimum requirement for Chinese but not exceeding the minimum requirement for Chinese.

Also, are the applications starting already? I thought they only start on Oct 19...

Thank you for your patience! I'm really anxious...

That's alright. :smile: Applications through UCAS actually started back in September. There are two or three deadlines, one of which has passed:

15 October 2015: All applications to Oxford, Cambridge, and medicine/dentistry/vet medicine must be received by 18:00 on this date. (passed)

15 January 2016: Almost all applications must be received by this date, regardless of subject. The only exceptions are some art courses.

24 March 2016: Final deadline for applications to the art courses exempt from the 15 January deadline.

August 2016: Clearing and Adjustment go online. Clearing is for people who are rejected by both their firm and insurance choice (or didn't have offers to begin with) because they didn't meet the conditions of their offers. Adjustment is for those who exceeded their 'firm' offer and want to look to see if there are universities with higher requirements than their firm offer who will take them, all without losing their place at their firm choice.

LSE is still taking law applications until 15 January so you have a bit of time. :wink: I doubt they'll be too bothered by your Chinese since most people you're competing it won't have studied Chinese at all and it's not really relevant to law unless you intend to study/practice in China, which isn't offered by LSE, I don't think.
Original post by Hydeman
That's alright. :smile: Applications through UCAS actually started back in September. There are two or three deadlines, one of which has passed:

15 October 2015: All applications to Oxford, Cambridge, and medicine/dentistry/vet medicine must be received by 18:00 on this date. (passed)

15 January 2016: Almost all applications must be received by this date, regardless of subject. The only exceptions are some art courses.

24 March 2016: Final deadline for applications to the art courses exempt from the 15 January deadline.

August 2016: Clearing and Adjustment go online. Clearing is for people who are rejected by both their firm and insurance choice (or didn't have offers to begin with) because they didn't meet the conditions of their offers. Adjustment is for those who exceeded their 'firm' offer and want to look to see if there are universities with higher requirements than their firm offer who will take them, all without losing their place at their firm choice.

LSE is still taking law applications until 15 January so you have a bit of time. :wink: I doubt they'll be too bothered by your Chinese since most people you're competing it won't have studied Chinese at all and it's not really relevant to law unless you intend to study/practice in China, which isn't offered by LSE, I don't think.

It's in my nature to get all anxious over stuff and the thought of everyone completing their applications and sending it off frightens me so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending