The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AFStudent
Hatfield station is about a 30minutes walk from de hav campus, however I think the 602 bus goes to the campus from the station. Good luck with your interview! I'm studying at Hertfordshire :smile:

Thanks
If you meet the entry requirenents, have relevant work experience, a good personal statement and a great reference, then why not? Youll have similar chances as long as you prove your enthusiasm for the course
Original post by apronedsamurai
Hi,

I have 426 UCAS points, (over 2 sittings) a 2:2 LLB honours degree and predicted an A for my HNC Applied Science Graded unit. Do you think I might stand a chance of getting in? :frown:
Im super nervous now, have my first interview tonorrow at BCU and another one at hertfordshire in january on the 20th. Anyone going birmingham tomorrow as well? Coming from london
Reply 63
Had my interview at uwe yesterday, was very relaxed and the staff were lovely 😊
Had my interview on wednesday 16th at bcu and got my offer today on saturday 19th. So happy! :smile:
Also, they said if i put it as my firm choice, theyll make the offer unconditional :biggrin:
Original post by Ruqi_Cookie
Had my interview on wednesday 16th at bcu and got my offer today on saturday 19th. So happy! :smile:
Also, they said if i put it as my firm choice, theyll make the offer unconditional :biggrin:

Congratulations!!! That's really good news
Original post by Bee1979
Had my interview at uwe yesterday, was very relaxed and the staff were lovely 😊

I had mine that day too, have you heard anything back yet??
Reply 67
Original post by elizabethRT

Same here!
Original post by Asmithy
Same here!

How did you think your interview went? What group were you in on the day?
Reply 69
How did you think your interview went? What group were you in on the day?

Yeah I think it went very well, they were praising me on all of my answers and examples XD I think I was in the 2nd group, we had our written assessment at 10:30. How about you??
Original post by Asmithy
Yeah I think it went very well, they were praising me on all of my answers and examples XD I think I was in the 2nd group, we had our written assessment at 10:30. How about you??

Ah thats so good, i was in the 3rd group. I didnt think it went too badly, but the interview part only lasted abput 10 mins, so a little worried thag i might have rushed it :frown:
Reply 71

I was in group 1 but got stuck in traffic so kind of ran behind a bit! They did say it would probably be Jan before we found out if we were successful or not..I'm guessing they may wait for the 15th of Jan deadline before making any decisions? I feel it all went well on the day but you never can tell! Good luck 😉
Original post by Bee1979
I was in group 1 but got stuck in traffic so kind of ran behind a bit! They did say it would probably be Jan before we found out if we were successful or not..I'm guessing they may wait for the 15th of Jan deadline before making any decisions? I feel it all went well on the day but you never can tell! Good luck 😉

Ahh thanks for that, i was gettjng worried that people were hearing back and i hadn't! Good luck!!
Anyone invited for hertfordshire interview on january 20th?
Reply 74
Original post by Ruqi_Cookie
Anyone invited for hertfordshire interview on january 20th?

I do! I'm pooing myself about it hahaha
Hello!! Anyone applying for UCS? Got the applicant day (admissions test and interviews) on Feb 10th, anyone else? Also Im now classed as a mature student (feeling old.. :wink: ), so any other oldies think they may be at some disadvantage (or advantage) being older? x
Reply 76
Original post by _kelly_rose_
Hello!! Anyone applying for UCS? Got the applicant day (admissions test and interviews) on Feb 10th, anyone else? Also Im now classed as a mature student (feeling old.. :wink: ), so any other oldies think they may be at some disadvantage (or advantage) being older? x

Hi! I had mine on the 14th of Jan, there were maybe one or two mature students but only a few of us had passed. The 6 of us that did, there was one lady who was also mature and slightly older. So I don't really think age gives any advantage or disadvantage:smile:
Original post by Emlau22
Hi! I had mine on the 14th of Jan, there were maybe one or two mature students but only a few of us had passed. The 6 of us that did, there was one lady who was also mature and slightly older. So I don't really think age gives any advantage or disadvantage:smile:

Hi! ooh, how did it go? ah okay, how many applicants roughly would you say were there in total? and i'm a little worried about the admissions test, in particular the numeracy test as its been a few years since I've had to use any maths! What sort of level would you say the maths part was? you say there were 6 of you that passed, how many didn't, just out of interest? sorry for all the questions!! :smile: x
Reply 78
Original post by _kelly_rose_
Hi! ooh, how did it go? ah okay, how many applicants roughly would you say were there in total? and i'm a little worried about the admissions test, in particular the numeracy test as its been a few years since I've had to use any maths! What sort of level would you say the maths part was? you say there were 6 of you that passed, how many didn't, just out of interest? sorry for all the questions!! :smile: x

That's alright haha I would be completely the same if I was in your position! They called out the diagnostic first and there was only about 10 people out of 30 ish that were called out and 14 for Radiotherapy and oncology and only 6 passed. (I was pooing myself hoping my name would be called out)
I had talked to the course manager before and she was so disappointed in how many people didn't get through. The maths isn't too bad, generally it's very straight forward maths but it's just long winded after question 10. I didn't finish but I think I got everything correct, those around me got to like question 18 and I was sitting there with my 15 answers like "what the hell have I been doing".
Original post by Emlau22
That's alright haha I would be completely the same if I was in your position! They called out the diagnostic first and there was only about 10 people out of 30 ish that were called out and 14 for Radiotherapy and oncology and only 6 passed. (I was pooing myself hoping my name would be called out)
I had talked to the course manager before and she was so disappointed in how many people didn't get through. The maths isn't too bad, generally it's very straight forward maths but it's just long winded after question 10. I didn't finish but I think I got everything correct, those around me got to like question 18 and I was sitting there with my 15 answers like "what the hell have I been doing".

haha yeah, i'm freaking out just a little.. :wink: aw man! that sounds horrible! :L and a little worrying that not many pass... would you say its A level maths standard, or more GCSE? or less than that? (wishful thinking haha!) hmm okay, think I'd better start brushing up on my maths then :L have you heard anything from them yet? :smile: x

Latest