The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So, where is everyone applying to?
What are you studying now?
Have you done any relevant work experience yet?
When are you sending off your personal statement?
Reply 2
Original post by Ruqi_Cookie
So, where is everyone applying to?
What are you studying now?
Have you done any relevant work experience yet?
When are you sending off your personal statement?

Aaaand I'll start off :wink:
Applying to City University, London South Bank, Hertfordshire, Birmingham City and haven't decided the last one
Currently studying BTEC in Applied Science (forensics)
Had a one day clinical visit
Hopefully, sending off PS by november
Reply 3
Aaaand I'll start off :wink:
Applying to City University, London South Bank, Hertfordshire, Birmingham City and haven't decided the last one
Currently studying BTEC in Applied Science (forensics)
Had a one day clinical visit
Hopefully, sending off PS by november

I'm applying to St Georges (Kingston), Sheffield Hallam, Cardiff, Hertfordshire and UWE Bristol.
Studying Biology, Chemistry and Psychology at A-level
Did 2 days work exp at Hereford
Sending my application off next week:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi I applied to UWE for radiotherapy and oncology back in September.. Still waiting for news on my application 😊
Reply 5
Does anyone have interview dates coming up?? I've got two and super nervous, - they don't seem like any ordinary interview!:afraid:
Reply 6
I got an invite yesterday 😁 Its at uwe on the 16th Dec.. Their interviews look quite relaxed compared to other courses!
Reply 7
Original post by Bee1979
I got an invite yesterday 😁 Its at uwe on the 16th Dec.. Their interviews look quite relaxed compared to other courses!

Ahhh I've got an interview there on the same day too!:O
(I also got another invitation to interview for Sheffield Hallam on the Dec 5th! And they seem even more so relaxed with it :h:)
Original post by Asmithy
Ahhh I've got an interview there on the same day too!:O
(I also got another invitation to interview for Sheffield Hallam on the Dec 5th! And they seem even more so relaxed with it :h:)

hi do you know what the UWE interviews are like?? I have one on the 16th too!!
Reply 9
Original post by elizabethRT
hi do you know what the UWE interviews are like?? I have one on the 16th too!!

Hiya ^^ On their login portal, they sent me a message saying that the interview will be in two parts; one where you'll write short written piece of work asking you to "explore some aspects of your chosen career pathway, such as the skills required to become a radiographer or the reason why you wish to train to become a radiographer. You will be given 30 minutes for the written task. You will also have an interview that will last approximately 15 minutes. This will be undertaken by two people, at least one of these will be a member of the UWE academic team and may include a service user or a member of staff from clinical service." so I think that pretty much covers most of it - other than that I know nothing! I've practiced writing for some of the questions that might come up on the written tasts though x
rad.jpg
A place for new applicants to Radiotherapy & Oncology/Therapeutic Radiography for 2016 entry.
Current students also welcome. :wink:

Hi,

I have 426 UCAS points, (over 2 sittings) a 2:2 LLB honours degree and predicted an A for my HNC Applied Science Graded unit. Do you think I might stand a chance of getting in? :frown:
Original post by Asmithy
Hiya ^^ On their login portal, they sent me a message saying that the interview will be in two parts; one where you'll write short written piece of work asking you to "explore some aspects of your chosen career pathway, such as the skills required to become a radiographer or the reason why you wish to train to become a radiographer. You will be given 30 minutes for the written task. You will also have an interview that will last approximately 15 minutes. This will be undertaken by two people, at least one of these will be a member of the UWE academic team and may include a service user or a member of staff from clinical service." so I think that pretty much covers most of it - other than that I know nothing! I've practiced writing for some of the questions that might come up on the written tasts though x

Thanks so much!! I'm assuming it should be smart dress? Good luck with your interview though!
Reply 12
Original post by elizabethRT
Thanks so much!! I'm assuming it should be smart dress? Good luck with your interview though!

Yep, smart dress code! No problem, good luck with your interview too:h:
just had an interview. nothing to worry about as long as you can show you know about the career and what it may entail. GoodLuck
Reply 14
Original post by WHAAAAAAT
just had an interview. nothing to worry about as long as you can show you know about the career and what it may entail. GoodLuck

Okay phew thank you! Where did you have your interview at??
BCU, got Cardiff, Hertfordshire and Suffolk coming up
Reply 16
Original post by WHAAAAAAT
BCU, got Cardiff, Hertfordshire and Suffolk coming up

Good good, how was it? did you think you did okay? I've also got Cardiff and Hertfordshire coming up! (as well as Sheffield H and UWE :smile: )
it was okay and i hope i did enough to stand out, they only accept 33 applicants for radiotherapy and 160 for radiography. when is your Hertfordshire interview?
If anyone needs any advice for any Cardiff interviews I'd be more than happy to help. Applied last year and did a deferred entry and enroling to the course in 2016 :smile: good luck! X
Reply 19
Original post by Sionedmairjones
If anyone needs any advice for any Cardiff interviews I'd be more than happy to help. Applied last year and did a deferred entry and enroling to the course in 2016 :smile: good luck! X

Well done!! Yes please, can I have some advice?? I just got an email today with them saying more details about the interview, and it's an MMI one! How would you prepare for that?