The Student Room Group

Black woman's racist rant on a London bus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Hahah my client who I met with for a drink that day said I was lucky to make it out unhurt :tongue:

Out of the situation or out of the area :lol: Both I imagine :tongue:
Original post by BaconandSauce
AM I right that at the beginning it seems she was pissed because she was told to shut up by the muslim women?

then at 4:14 does the muslim women try and take the women phone of her (touch me again.....)

always a shame we don't get the start of these incidents

only if your brain does not work, it's quite clear that she was told to shut up after barking like a dog
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by ClickItBack
I used the same thread title as the BBC article headline. The article makes a point of the abuser being black because it's unusual and has formented debate.

My agenda aligns best with this quote from the article: "The fact the woman is black does not make it more or less acceptable. In a diverse society, we need to fight against this type of behaviour no matter where it's coming from."

Fair enough. I just feared that the thread title would attract people ironically making racist comments towards the black woman. I certainly do not condone her rant, but it would be counter-productive to fight racism with racism. I just noticed that someone called her a "monkey" -_-
Original post by thunder_chunky
Wrong, plenty of people make that claim. They say black people cannot be racist because they don't have power or the social standings or privilege in order to be racist. Of course that's bull****, because none of those things make racism less racist. And if you point out that such a definition is no supported in any dictionary, some even go as far ss to claim that it's only because the dictionary was written by white people.
So there you have it, the dictionary, the English language is white privilege, therefore blacks can't be racist yadda yadda yadda. It is entirely bull****.

I didn't even mention white people but yeah ok.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I don't think she did anything wrong by reacting to being filmed - I wouldn't want someone invading my personal space and filming me without my consent, and I would probably take the phone off them as well.

I agree with the point though.

I don't think though, you need a persons consent but I do understand your point

For me it was the 'touch me again' that I thought odd as I didn't see the first incident
Original post by interact
only if your brain does not work, it's quite clear that she was told to shut up after barking like a dog

How do you know that as you can't see the start of the argument
AM I right that at the beginning it seems she was pissed because she was told to shut up by the muslim women?

then at 4:14 does the muslim women try and take the women phone of her (touch me again.....)

always a shame we don't get the start of these incidents

ofcourse I'd expect you to defend the black woman lmfao
I don't think though, you need a persons consent but I do understand your point

For me it was the 'touch me again' that I thought odd as I didn't see the first incident

You don't need a person's consent, I think it'd be considered filming in a public place but even so, it's incredibly rude and even threatening to stand with your phone like that filming someone when they clearly don't want to be filmed. Not sure if it'd be considered harassment or something.

'Touch me again I'll punch you in your head'? Seems normal to me.
Reply 68
Pfft. The black woman herself doesn't realise that she's considered a minority as well.
There is no context provided to why she acted in this way.
Reply 70
Original post by MAINE.
I dont harbor any hatred to muslims myself, but I think like a lot of others in UK, USA and other Western countries, I do have a degree of xenophobia towards muslims (eg. feel I have to be on my guard whenever I see a muslim guy on the tube). Tbh there's no smoke without fire....Islam calls itself the religion of peace, but in modern times it has been anything but that.

well you simply contradicted yourself plus in these 'modern times' people use the religion in negative way with such strong influences coming from the media outlet
Sad!
Reply 72
Original post by ubisoft
This is just hilarious. The biggest victims of racism, the same people who were enslaved for 200 years because of their race are being racist.

Dude I love your comments! You tell it like it is! :smile:
Lol at all the idiots who say blacks cant be racist .
"Do all your kids live in the same house?"

Feel the burn...? :erm:

My irony-metre is broken :/

Yet more Islamophobia, but from a black woman this time, which just makes it even more shocking.
Original post by MAINE.
Islam calls itself the religion of peace

By and large, did not the Muslim women on the bus remain peaceful? I don't recall hearing them threatening violence. So whilst you can point to many acts of violence and state that Muslims were behind them, it is equally possible to point to other incidents where individual Muslims have shown constraint and have not reacted with violence.
Lets not forget that Arabs, Persians and South Asians can also be racist.
Original post by Mentally
ofcourse I'd expect you to defend the black woman lmfao

Why would you expect it from me? Odd comment given you do not know me .
The (lack of) reaction from the rest of the bus is disgusting. The bus driver was pathetic, he made no serious attempt to resolve the situation.

Also, that was one hell of a multicultural bus...
Original post by The Epicurean
By and large, did not the Muslim women on the bus remain peaceful? I don't recall hearing them threatening violence. So whilst you can point to many acts of violence and state that Muslims were behind them, it is equally possible to point to other incidents where individual Muslims have shown constraint and have not reacted with violence.

4:15 tries to take her phone off her and there is physical contact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending