Bangor University
Visit website

Applied to Bangor 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I just heard back today :biggrin: sent mine off on like the 17th :smile:

Original post by charj98
Bangor is the only uni I haven't heard back from

Anyway I GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL 🎉🎉 and as fr as i can tell from the track page and bangors website it is unconditional whther i firm or insure :biggrin: so happy!!!!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by blessed97
only received a confirmation email. Applying for Psychology with Neuropsychology ☺️🙌🏽

I applied for psychology with neuropsychology too. Have an unconditional offer but I may have it as my insurance :smile: if so hope to see you there xD :colondollar:
Original post by bekahmay
i just heard back today :d sent mine off on like the 17th :smile:

anyway i got an unconditional 🎉🎉 and as fr as i can tell from the track page and bangors website it is unconditional whther i firm or insure :d so happy!!!!

i have an unconditional too. High five xd
Reply 43
Original post by MercyKsitori
i have an unconditional too. High five xd

They seem to be giving out a lot of unconditionals, I have one too! :smile:
Original post by MercyKsitori
I applied for psychology with neuropsychology too. Have an unconditional offer but I may have it as my insurance :smile: if so hope to see you there xD :colondollar:

CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🎉🎉 I haven't heard nothing yet. But then again, I sent my ucas off on the 5th of November
Reply 45
Can I ask what you have applied to do and what grades you applied with? I haven't heard back from them yet and I sent mine off on the 4th
It's not letting me quote on my phone, but I applied on the 2nd of November for English Literature and History with the grades CCD but I'm re-sitting two of my grades, and I got a conditional offer of 280 UCAS points with a B in English Literature on the 11th of November
Congratulations to you all I hope to see you here next year! I'm currently having a blast in my first year here at Bangor
Reply 48
I applied on the 13th of November for Philosophy and Religion and haven't heard anything. I've got offers from all the other universities I've applied to and my predicted grades are not too bad (Distinction* AC). Could it be because I'm doing a BTEC? I'm beginning to get worried.
Reply 49
Original post by LillaJ
I applied on the 13th of November for Philosophy and Religion and haven't heard anything. I've got offers from all the other universities I've applied to and my predicted grades are not too bad (Distinction* AC). Could it be because I'm doing a BTEC? I'm beginning to get worried.

Same I applied on the12th starting to get worried :frown:
Reply 50
I sent my UCAS off on the 4th of November and I haven't heard anything off them yet, I have my 4 other offers back!
Reply 51
Original post by ceward5
I sent my UCAS off on the 4th of November and I haven't heard anything off them yet, I have my 4 other offers back!

What did you apply for?
Reply 52
Original post by LillaJ
What did you apply for?

Just history
Reply 53
Original post by LillaJ
What did you apply for?

What did you apply for?
Reply 54
Original post by ceward5
What did you apply for?

Philosophy and Religion and I've also applied for the entrance scholarship.
Reply 55
Original post by LillaJ
Philosophy and Religion and I've also applied for the entrance scholarship.

What's the entrance scholarship?
Original post by emilywenzel98
Couple of questions if you dont mind.
1. What are the labs like?
2. Is there alot to do in bangor etc?
3. What grades did you get in with?
Thankyouu, i intend on going on to physiotherapy afterwards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for such a long delay in replying!

1.) I have to say, labs are out of this world... they are really good! I'm not just saying that because i'm a student here but it was a big influence on why I chose Bangor! There's 2 Dexa scanners and there's only 1 other university that has 1! There's lots of labs all over the George site (where Sport Science is).

2.) Bangor does seem like a small town if you ever came to visit but there is so much to do! I don't think i've ever been bored since I got here! You're a 30 minute train from Llandudno and there's lots of cafe's and pubs and shops about! There's also the pier which is absolutely stunning in dusk! From the main lecture room for Sport Science you are literally a few meters from the Menai Strait and you can see right across to Anglesea! It's so beautiful its amazing. You also have the views of the mountains and when their covered in snow its literally the best place to be! You aren't far from Snowdon too and the trips there are out of this world!

3.) I did 2 BTEC's, 1 A-Level and the Welsh Baccaleaureate and Bangor asked me for 340 points although they only wanted my BTEC grades and my Welsh Bacc! In terms of A-Levels, many of my sport science friends have about 280-340 offer. Bangor only accept 150 people on to ALL sport's courses so their pretty good on grades in terms of the actually offer if they've offered you a place :smile:

No problem! There's a huge compulsory "3 x lectures" on Physiotherapy in the first semester which is really interesting!
Reply 57
Original post by ceward5
What's the entrance scholarship?

You can enter until 15 January and you have to sit a 2 hour long exam on 27 January in a subject that you study.
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/studentfinance/info/bangorscholarships.php.en
Original post by ceward5
Just history

Hi!
I saw that both you were panicking about not getting a response yet, don't worry! Bangor normally takes a while getting back to people with offers, the latest I've seen Is a month. I was very lucky with getting my offer quickly, I was expecting it to take a lot longer! I applied to do History and English Literature and got offered 280 UCAS points. Doing BTEC shouldn't affect it, they're just taking their time is all, don't panic :smile: you'll both be absolutely fine!
Original post by Harri2648
Sorry for such a long delay in replying!

1.) I have to say, labs are out of this world... they are really good! I'm not just saying that because i'm a student here but it was a big influence on why I chose Bangor! There's 2 Dexa scanners and there's only 1 other university that has 1! There's lots of labs all over the George site (where Sport Science is).

2.) Bangor does seem like a small town if you ever came to visit but there is so much to do! I don't think i've ever been bored since I got here! You're a 30 minute train from Llandudno and there's lots of cafe's and pubs and shops about! There's also the pier which is absolutely stunning in dusk! From the main lecture room for Sport Science you are literally a few meters from the Menai Strait and you can see right across to Anglesea! It's so beautiful its amazing. You also have the views of the mountains and when their covered in snow its literally the best place to be! You aren't far from Snowdon too and the trips there are out of this world!

3.) I did 2 BTEC's, 1 A-Level and the Welsh Baccaleaureate and Bangor asked me for 340 points although they only wanted my BTEC grades and my Welsh Bacc! In terms of A-Levels, many of my sport science friends have about 280-340 offer. Bangor only accept 150 people on to ALL sport's courses so their pretty good on grades in terms of the actually offer if they've offered you a place :smile:

No problem! There's a huge compulsory "3 x lectures" on Physiotherapy in the first semester which is really interesting!

That sounds amazing. I applied for sport, health and exercise science on Wednesday and I've had 2 other offers already but I'd really like a place at Bangor. My predicted grades are BBC so anything around that like 280 points is the dream. Thankyou for your response, it was really helpful:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest