The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Applied to Bangor 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilywenzel98
That sounds amazing. I applied for sport, health and exercise science on Wednesday and I've had 2 other offers already but I'd really like a place at Bangor. My predicted grades are BBC so anything around that like 280 points is the dream. Thankyou for your response, it was really helpful:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Each course may be slightly different in terms of results! But they tend to be around that mark! It also depends on your personal statement too! & Bangor is honestly amazing! I love it :smile: x

If you have any more questions then feel free to message me :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Applied for Computer Science and Computer Information Systems at bangor, got offers of 260 and 200 respectively. Anyone else applied for those?
Original post by Harri2648
Each course may be slightly different in terms of results! But they tend to be around that mark! It also depends on your personal statement too! & Bangor is honestly amazing! I love it :smile: x

If you have any more questions then feel free to message me :smile:

Thankyou for all your help, I got an offer last night of 280 UCAS, definitely going to consider it as either firm or insurance now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimbobob
Applied for Computer Science and Computer Information Systems at bangor, got offers of 260 and 200 respectively. Anyone else applied for those?

I got the same offer for computer information system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgeheal
I got the same offer for computer information system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Good to know of other people applying for the course, I don't think I know of anyone from my college who's even applied for Bangor!
Original post by charj98
im applying for applied marine biology, marine biology and marine biology with oceanography. Bangor is my first choice im hopefully getting my application sent Tuesday fingers crossed ive fallen in love with it

Hey!! I currently study geological oceanography at bangor but all my friends do the courses you've mentioned... So if you have any questions specifically about the school of ocean sciences I'll happily answer them. And ofc any about bangor in general :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by croatoan
Hey!! I currently study geological oceanography at bangor but all my friends do the courses you've mentioned... So if you have any questions specifically about the school of ocean sciences I'll happily answer them. And ofc any about bangor in general :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm still waiting to hear back from them!
Really random question but are there any tattoo shops there ? 😂😂
And not tha that it's Intreasts me much but what is the night life like?
Original post by charj98
Thank you! I'm still waiting to hear back from them!
Really random question but are there any tattoo shops there ? 😂😂
And not tha that it's Intreasts me much but what is the night life like?

They took ages with my offer 😂 they either get back to you straight away or take weeks it seems!
There are a few yeah! There's one about a 2 min walk away from ffridd site, but the one people seem to like more is on the highstreet which is only about a 10 min walk. There's other dotted around too :smile:
The nightlife is surprisingly good. There are only 2 clubs in the whole city, and they have a rep for being **** but tbh I've had some brill nights there. You'll find a lot of people prefer flat parties or pub crawls anyway (there's like 52 pubs here no joke, and a few are £1 shots)... So you'll never be bored :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
They took ages with my offer 😂 they either get back to you straight away or take weeks it seems!
There are a few yeah! There's one about a 2 min walk away from ffridd site, but the one people seem to like more is on the highstreet which is only about a 10 min walk. There's other dotted around too :smile:
The nightlife is surprisingly good. There are only 2 clubs in the whole city, and they have a rep for being **** but tbh I've had some brill nights there. You'll find a lot of people prefer flat parties or pub crawls anyway (there's like 52 pubs here no joke, and a few are £1 shots)... So you'll never be bored :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, what is the quality of the teaching/ facilities when is saw the site it looked really good
Original post by charj98
Thanks, what is the quality of the teaching/ facilities when is saw the site it looked really good

Most of your lectures will be in bangor rather than over at Menai, and the facilities are absolutely fine :smile: just standard lecture theatres really, and the labs are really well-equipped :biggrin:
I must admit the teaching is a matter of preference or previous knowledge... Out of all the lecturers I've had so far (about 8) there's only really one that people don't really like that much, but all the slides and handouts go on the internet so you can access them at any point and take some notes :smile:
My biologist friends absolutely love one of their lectures, but they change every eight lessons or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilywenzel98
Thankyou for all your help, I got an offer last night of 280 UCAS, definitely going to consider it as either firm or insurance now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats quite a good offer! Well done! & I'd come up and see Bangor at an open day at some point! Seeing the Sport Science buildings, labs and lectures as well as halls made my mind up for me! I do halls tours too!
Reply 71
Most of your lectures will be in bangor rather than over at Menai, and the facilities are absolutely fine :smile: just standard lecture theatres really, and the labs are really well-equipped :biggrin:
I must admit the teaching is a matter of preference or previous knowledge... Out of all the lecturers I've had so far (about 8) there's only really one that people don't really like that much, but all the slides and handouts go on the internet so you can access them at any point and take some notes :smile:
My biologist friends absolutely love one of their lectures, but they change every eight lessons or so

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant I'm praying they give me an offer all this waiting is nerve wracking
Original post by charj98
Brilliant I'm praying they give me an offer all this waiting is nerve wracking

They will don't worry! what are your predicted grades? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73

Posted from TSR Mobile

BCC I think or BCD
Reply 74

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an offer for marine geography 🦄🐝
How long did it take for them to respond to your offers? The wait is so nerve wracking since I have offers from all the other universities I applied to.
Reply 76
Original post by LuckySmall
How long did it take for them to respond to your offers? The wait is so nerve wracking since I have offers from all the other universities I applied to.

A fair while I applied on the 11th of nob
Original post by charj98
Got an offer for marine geography 🦄🐝

well done! :biggrin: with those predicted grades they're bound to accept you :smile: even if you don't reach the requirements (which i'm sure you will) they accepted me and quite a few others with lower grades than what they asked so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:
Reply 78
Does anyone have any advice for the History entrance exam please? Or methods to revise for Section A thanks :smile:
Original post by LuckySmall

It depends what have you applied to do? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest