The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Exam Resit Refusal-HELP!

Hi all,

I was ill this January and missed an exam, however I took my doctor's note into my school and submitted a mitigating circumstances form so i could take a first sitting in May. However, I've just been told that I can't despite proof that I was ill! What do I do? Do I have any rights?

If I fail this course unit I won't get an honours degree, just a 'pass' degree, which pisses me off GREATLY because I've been doing well at uni so far. Really need some advice. I'm in my last year and can't take any resits.
Reply 1
First of all talk to the undergraduate administrator in your department and possibly your tutor. If they can't help you go to the acedmic advisory service http://www.campus.manchester.ac.uk/academicadvisoryservice/ and they should be able to help advise you on what to do
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
What exactly did they tell you? They can't just say 'no'.

In our school, we would contact the Exams Officer and the Undergraduate Studies Tutor for this kind of situation. Have a look at your Programme or Student Handbook for the correct procedure.

If it's not resolved, you can appeal against their decision. The Advice Centre in the Students Union will help you with that.

Good luck.
Reply 3
If all fails threaten to sue them :smile: Usualy does the trick.

Latest

Trending

Trending