The Student Room Group

Saturday lectures?

I'm pretty sure that Cambridge do have lectures and/or other things like tutorials on Saturdays for some courses, so I was wondering if Oxford do too? I can't find anything on their website or in the prospectus about it but I suppose it might not be something they shout about. The course I'm hoping to study there is Biochemistry, if that makes any difference.
You might get the odd tutor that decides Saturday tutorials are a great idea, but it's not the norm and we don't have regular lectures on a Saturday. You can have a look at the Biochemistry lecture timetable here - not even space on the page for Saturday lectures!
Original post by theperksofbeingnerdy
I'm pretty sure that Cambridge do have lectures and/or other things like tutorials on Saturdays for some courses, so I was wondering if Oxford do too? I can't find anything on their website or in the prospectus about it but I suppose it might not be something they shout about. The course I'm hoping to study there is Biochemistry, if that makes any difference.

No lectures schedules on Saturday for Biochemistry - that timetable is accurate and is updated every term. Pretty much all lectures are finished by 1pm, and usually 2-3 hours maximum a day. I've had a few tutorials on a Saturday but this was always a last resort option when we couldn't fit it in at any other time.
As above - tutors might decide they want to teach on the weekend - one of my tutors was an eye surgeon and he did Sunday mornings, 7:30am and 9:00pm tutorials on occasion - but this is unusual.

They often don't abide by the Wednesday afternoons are free rule though. In fact, I didn't even realise that was a thing until 3rd year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending