The Student Room Group

Languages for teaching

I am currently studying German at university. In the future I would really like to teach but am conscious that most MFL teachers normally have the ability to speak two languages. Is there anyway I can learn a language on the side and take exams privately to get qualified to the same level as my university studied language or be able to sit exams that allow me to teach a second foreign language at a lower level. Thanks
As far as I know, teachers aren't required to be fluent in their second MFL. If you have a degree in German, and can show you're roughly A level standard in another language then you'd be fine. University language centres are your best bet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Snufkin
As far as I know, teachers aren't required to be fluent in their second MFL. If you have a degree in German, and can show you're roughly A level standard in another language then you'd be fine. University language centres are your best bet.

Do you think it's doable to reach an A level standard by the end of a degree of I studied a language at the same time. I also in the same position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Leanne1455
Do you think it's doable to reach an A level standard by the end of a degree of I studied a language at the same time. I also in the same position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its doable on your part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending