The Student Room Group

English Lit, English Lang, History and Politics?

I'm in year 11 and I'm deciding what courses to select for college. I love English and History and I'm interested in Politics. I'm looking at the possibility of doing a Law degree but I haven't fully decided. Are these options good?
English and History are great choices! Preferably Lit over Lang. Have you considered Maths, it is very popular among universities and law undergrads :smile: unistats (i dont know how reliable they are) says that the 3 most popular A level choices for Cambridge Law is History, English Lit and Maths.

Original post by Devonrose
I'm in year 11 and I'm deciding what courses to select for college. I love English and History and I'm interested in Politics. I'm looking at the possibility of doing a Law degree but I haven't fully decided. Are these options good?
Reply 2
If it is preferred at universities, I'll consider it. Maths isn't really my forte though, I'm targeted a high grade but I do find it stressful and complicated. Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely do English Lit and History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devonrose
If it is preferred at universities, I'll consider it. Maths isn't really my forte though, I'm targeted a high grade but I do find it stressful and complicated. Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely do English Lit and History.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't stress yourself out too much about it. Most combinations of A levels can get you onto a Law degree course, I say don't do Maths unless you do like it. If not then I wouldn't bother.

Quick Reply

Latest