The Student Room Group

Nottingham vet accomodation

Ive just sent off my accomodation application for SB and just had a couple of queries.

Firstly, is it a gamble about whether you're in the new halls or in the old Bonington Hall? It wasnt clear when I applied. Doesnt bother me either way cos I know the older halls have been refurbished and look really nice, but then again it would be nice to be in the newer halls cos they look awesome and theyre so close to the vet department! :p:

Secondly, Im quite a keen kayaker and I know university park has a kayak club. Is there any sensible way I could bring my kayak with me? As in is there anywhere to store it? No problem if there isnt, bit of a bulky thing to take to uni! lol but thought it was worth asking! :biggrin:

Thank you!!!
Reply 1
Hey,

Well I am also a keen kayaker, as was heavily involved when at Sheffield Uni.

As for storage....

Your right, that keeping the kayak in your room would not work, however, this depends on what halls you are in. I live in Lockington (one of the older halls) and there is plenty of room.

I will investigate other storage options for you and get back to you. If you are on msn it would be easier to send me a private message with your email etc

Darren

p.s. be aware that practice sessions are on main campus area as the pool. No outside boats allowed. but you will need to sort transportation of your boat if you go on trips etc
Reply 2
I don't know anything about kayaks but...I sent my accomodation application for SB last week sometime.

How I think it works is if you choose a single study flat (not ensuite or anything) you're in the old building, and all the ones in the new development are ensuite. That's the impression I got from the accomodation site, if you click on virtual tours and look at the single study flats it says they're located in the old building.

What type of room did you apply for? And did you put down a second choice or just select the option you wanted becasue there are only three choices? I just put down single study flat and didn't put a second choice
Reply 3
My advice is do not go for the en suites!!!! - you pay a huge amount more for basically a cupboard where you could shower, **** and shave at the same time.

I am in Lockington and share a bathroom with 1 other, and it is at least 3 times the size as the ones in the new accom.

Plus my bedroom as at least double the size.

Darren
Reply 4
Good, glad i made a wise choice and chose a non-ensuite :smile:
Yeah on the open day I had a look at the ensuites and the bathrooms (if you can call them that) were like aeroplane cabin toilets lol.

And on the vitual tour, the kitchens if you just get a standard room look bigger than the ones with the ensuite rooms.
Reply 5
Eek! Ive gone for en suite! My dads helping me out with accomodation costs and think he was in a good mood that day. Probably now regretting it! I put the single study room too so there should be a chance of actually getting something! lol
Reply 6
en suite is not all that bad trust me! all depends on how clean/dirty the person is you would be sharing with if you didnt have it..........I had it in my first year and didnt regret it at all! (especially if ure dad is helping you-why the hell not?!!) xx
Reply 7
Lol, my poor parents are gonna be living in poverty while Im at uni! There conditions were that I look after them in their old age! :p:
Reply 8
Any ideas how long it will be until we find out if we've gotten the rooms we want? Surely it shouldn't take as long as people applying for park campus accomodation due to not having as much choice and there being fewer people applying...
Reply 9
Well one thing I read said we should hear something within 8 weeks, but then something else said accomodation would be allocated in order of when you applied after results day
Reply 10
Noooo! I don't want to have to wait til august! I want to find out n then get personal pcitures of my room and kitchen and pin them up all over my bedroom :p: god i'm sad

*slumps out of thread in embarassment*
Reply 11
Lol!!!!!! oh dear!!! Its finally starting to dawn that this is actually happeing!....omg I gotta get some serious work done!!!!
I've gotta apply for it yet, better get it in asap! slow rvc making me wait!

Latest

Trending

Trending