The Student Room Group
Im personally not familiar with Aston, But I visited Leicester for the second time yesterday and Its amazing. Im applying for Psychology there too btw :biggrin:

It depends how important a placement year is to you though. Im not into them personally so Im just going to try for some work experience while im doing my degree.
If a placement year isnt that important you could do the same and get work experience in a psychological environment while doing a 3 year degree- universities are usually very helpful in findinf or assisting their students in finding such a placement.

But if a placement is something your really interested in opt for Aston.
Reply 2
I visited both much preferred Aston.. personal choice and I wanted the sandwich year.
hiya, i havent visited Aston, but ive put Leicester as my Firm for Psychology! the open day was really impressive and the accomodation was really nice! xxx
Reply 4
Reputation wise, Loughborough's the best for Psychology, I'd suggest visiting them - can completely change how you feel about a place. :smile:
Reply 5
I'd say Loughborough and Birmingham have the strongest psychology reputation and maybe overall reputation out of all of those. Although leicster is good...but don't know anything about psychology there.

If you want to go Aston just because of the placment year then don't go! Any uni that does psychology and has a careers department will be able to help you organise a placement year after your degree...so doing a course with one combined isn't anymore beneficial IMO.

Have you visited them? That might help you decide.
Thanks for the info guys...I have visited all 4 unis...l'boro, bham, leic and aston. I didn't like l'boro...it wasn't my kind of place and I don't think the content of the course is right for me, even though it has a good reputation. I like the courses of bham, leic and aston.....bham was best in terms of campus/accommodation/location. I decided not to choose it for the simple fact that I don't think I will get the 2 A's needed. I had bham down as my firm last year but didn't make the grades...hence the 2nd time applying. Leicester looks good for socializing, although I guess it doesn't have as strong a reputation. Like you say Lolly-88, I can get help to organize a placement year! x :smile:

Latest