The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Healthcare science @ Uni of Southampton

Is anyone going to apply for Cardiac Physiology @ Uni of Southampton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moneymania999

Yes! Have you submitted your UCAS in yet?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
No not yet due to sixth form. What about you?
Original post by jtavinuya
Yes! Have you submitted your UCAS in yet?
No not yet due to sixth form. What about you?

I am submitting it first week I get back to school after half term because apparently my work experience bit in my personal statement wasn't strong enough. (which is why i am doing a placement next week)

What other unis are you applying to? I am also applying to Leeds, Middlesex, St George's, UWE. (shame there is such a limited number of unis doing this course) :frown:

really want to get into southampton though, fingers crossed
(edited 8 years ago)
Damn i think i might see you around as i am applying to Swansea,southamton,middlesex, leeds and Wolverhampton.hopefully if i get the offers i will make Swansea my firm and Southampton my insurance. Wbu?
I am submitting it first week I get back to school after half term because apparently my work experience bit in my personal statement wasn't strong enough. (which is why i am doing a placement next week)

What other unis are you applying to? I am also applying to Leeds, Middlesex, St George's, UWE. (shame there is such a limited number of unis doing this course) :frown:

really want to get into southampton though, fingers crossed
Damn i think i might see you around as i am applying to Swansea,southamton,middlesex, leeds and Wolverhampton.hopefully if i get the offers i will make Swansea my firm and Southampton my insurance. Wbu?

Hopefully southampton as my firm and st george's my insurance. Do you mind telling me what you're predicted?
3 distinction stars what abput you?
Hopefully southampton as my firm and st george's my insurance. Do you mind telling me what you're predicted?
3 distinction stars what abput you?

AAB :smile:
Cool cool. Good luck.I was wondering whether your college/sixth form will actually send off your form quickly or not? Mine are going tp send it off in january.
AAB :smile:[2QUOTE]
[QUOTE="moneymania999;60173951"]Cool cool. Good luck.I was wondering whether your college/sixth form will actually send off your form quickly or not? Mine are going tp send it off in january.
AAB :smile:[2QUOTE]

Thanks- you too. In my school, standard procedure is to check UCAS application with your form tutor first (takes about a week) then it's sent off to head of sixth form where we have to talk the ucas and reference over with her (think this will take about a week or two depending on how busy she is, as she is also a subject teacher and has to look over other applications). They send it back to us if there are major errors in ucas application or personal statement.

Then after that is done, it's officially submitted as soon as possible. So i reckon mine will be sent off halfway or end of november (hopefully) because my form tutor has already done that process with me, just need to talk it over with the head.

Why are you waiting until january? :s-smilie: Teachers and career advisors have told me that this course is technically non competitive compared to others like maths or medicine (although we are applying to russell group unis which will make it more competitive) so i guess you'll be okay??. On the other hand it's better if you send asap- provided you are happy with your ucas and everything is on point
Thanks. To be honest its all to do with my sixth form. The person in charge of ucas has told the whole of yr 13 that mid of november/end is when ypu submit it. Then she will have a look at each application and send it back if the is any problem/s and then we send it back and then start of jan they are sent officially to ucas. Very angry about this though.[QUOTE="jtavinuya;60177079"]
Cool cool. Good luck.I was wondering whether your college/sixth form will actually send off your form quickly or not? Mine are going tp send it off in january.

Thanks- you too. In my school, standard procedure is to check UCAS application with your form tutor first (takes about a week) then it's sent off to head of sixth form where we have to talk the ucas and reference over with her (think this will take about a week or two depending on how busy she is, as she is also a subject teacher and has to look over other applications). They send it back to us if there are major errors in ucas application or personal statement.

Then after that is done, it's officially submitted as soon as possible. So i reckon mine will be sent off halfway or end of november (hopefully) because my form tutor has already done that process with me, just need to talk it over with the head.

Why are you waiting until january? :s-smilie: Teachers and career advisors have told me that this course is technically non competitive compared to others like maths or medicine (although we are applying to russell group unis which will make it more competitive) so i guess you'll be okay??. On the other hand it's better if you send asap- provided you are happy with your ucas and everything is on point
[QUOTE="moneymania999;60181167"]Thanks. To be honest its all to do with my sixth form. The person in charge of ucas has told the whole of yr 13 that mid of november/end is when ypu submit it. Then she will have a look at each application and send it back if the is any problem/s and then we send it back and then start of jan they are sent officially to ucas. Very angry about this though.

No offence but is that person having a laugh cos thats a rubbish process:0 hopefully she knows what shes doing cos november is quite close to the deadline

how many year 13s do you have? Hopefully not many so process wont be too long but im sure it wouldnt reduce your chances THAT much of getting offers, compared to other competitive courses.
[QUOTE="jtavinuya;60181671"]
Thanks. To be honest its all to do with my sixth form. The person in charge of ucas has told the whole of yr 13 that mid of november/end is when ypu submit it. Then she will have a look at each application and send it back if the is any problem/s and then we send it back and then start of jan they are sent officially to ucas. Very angry about this though.

No offence but is that person having a laugh cos thats a rubbish process:0 hopefully she knows what shes doing cos november is quite close to the deadline

how many year 13s do you have? Hopefully not many so process wont be too long but im sure it wouldnt reduce your chances THAT much of getting offers, compared to other competitive courses.

Approx the is about 40/50 students in year 13.
[QUOTE="moneymania999;60181987"]

Approx the is about 40/50 students in year 13.

Ahhhhhh that's reasonable then. My sixth form has around 120 year 13 students.

I'm sure your situation will turn out fine :smile:
[QUOTE="jtavinuya;60182189"]

Ahhhhhh that's reasonable then. My sixth form has around 120 year 13 students.

I'm sure your situation will turn out fine :smile:

Hopefully everything turns out fine.

I have! It looks pretty good
Original post by beans_0402
I have! It looks pretty good

Have you sent your UCAS application off?
Have you sent your UCAS application off?

I did last week
Original post by beans_0402
I did last week

What unis you applied for?
What unis you applied for?

UWE, Bristol, Oxford Brookes and Southampton :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending