The Student Room Group

should i go to uni?

i'm in my last year of A-levels and i'm looking at university courses and I keep changing my mind as to what I want to do (e.g. music or psychology). if i'm honest, I still don't know what I want to do! just looking at courses and different universities terrifies me and I already feel like I don't want to go, I think the only reason i'm going to uni is because all of my friends are :frown: I feel like I'm not ready...
is there an alternative to university?
Reply 1
take a gap year and think it through, in the mean time try to get a job/ work experience related to both subjects to make your mind up and make some extra cash and relax so you know what to do with your life :smile:
Apprenticeships, school leaver programmes or a gap year to travel/study more/gain work experience and figure out what you want to do. You don't have to go to uni full stop, if you're going JUST because you're friends are then have a reality because it will make things worse for you

If I were you, I'd have a meeting with your college's careers counsellor (if you haven't got one/don't like them you can get private ones but it can cost some money) and discuss your options in depth to come to a decision

Remember that you can apply for different courses on UCAS (can make the personal statement difficult to write though) and then you don't have to accept offers until May time so you can pick which course you want later than you think.

Good luck, maybe do some more research and soul searching and im sure you'll figure out what to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest