The Student Room Group

Are my AS grades good enough to be considered for Biology?

Hey guys,

I got my AS results in summer BBCC and dropped my C grade leaving me with BBC in biology chemistry and maths (respectively). However some of the Uni's I'm looking at are quite competitive such as Nottingham and Exeter and so realistically I don't know if my current grades will get me a conditional offer (A2 requirements are like AAB) and don't really want to waste my choices tbh. Plus I'm retaking three of my AS exams one from each subject and working hard to try bump the grades up overall.
If anyone who is studying undergrad biology/biological sciences can tell me what AS grades they got to get an offer I'd be so grateful because I'm stressing! or if you can offer me any other advice

Thanks!!! :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone at all???
With predicted grades below the entry requirements, it's highly unlikely that you'd get an offer from unis such as Nottingham and Exeter.

However, there's still plenty of unis you could apply to for Biology. There are loads of unis who'll accept you with BBC, so don't worry too much.

Not a biology undergrad but I hope it helps.
Reply 3
Original post by ChuckHades
With predicted grades below the entry requirements, it's highly unlikely that you'd get an offer from unis such as Nottingham and Exeter.

However, there's still plenty of unis you could apply to for Biology. There are loads of unis who'll accept you with BBC, so don't worry too much.

Not a biology undergrad but I hope it helps.

Oh sorry my predicted grades are ABB, but my AS grades I have now are BBC, so like I was wondering how much impact AS grades have on the offer process because they might think I am not capable?? Ps thanks for the reply!
Original post by ameliapond13
Oh sorry my predicted grades are ABB, but my AS grades I have now are BBC, so like I was wondering how much impact AS grades have on the offer process because they might think I am not capable?? Ps thanks for the reply!

Well Exeter and Nottingham both ask for AAB-ABB. Typically, the ABB is reserved for students applying for a contextual background. So unless you are, then you would be below the entry requirements. As a rule of thumb, the odds of you getting an offer from a place when you haven't met the entry requirements are low. However, it might not be a bad idea to apply for either Exeter or Nottingham: so long as you've got good backup choices, it'd be worth the risk if you got an offer!

Just bear in mind that your chances wouldn't be amazing, and even if you got an offer, it would be quite difficult to meet. But if you really want to apply, then go for it. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending