The Student Room Group

Skills Test - HELP!!

I have to take a numeracy and literacy skills test for the course I want to do (Primary Education with QTS) I looked at the practice papers today and I am now royally freaking out. The literacy isn't as bad as I thought it would be but the numeracy - especially the mental arithmetic has freaked me out. I'm not good at Maths as it is and only just scraped a B at GCSE can someone give me any advice on what to do??? How to practice and improve my numeracy skills without winding myself up and stressing about it???

Help would be much appreciated!!
Reply 1
Original post by kathryn_vx
I have to take a numeracy and literacy skills test for the course I want to do (Primary Education with QTS) I looked at the practice papers today and I am now royally freaking out. The literacy isn't as bad as I thought it would be but the numeracy - especially the mental arithmetic has freaked me out. I'm not good at Maths as it is and only just scraped a B at GCSE can someone give me any advice on what to do??? How to practice and improve my numeracy skills without winding myself up and stressing about it???

I'm in the same situation!

Just practise loads! And revise times tables and key fractions/percentages like 1/2,1/4,1/8 etc...
Reply 2
Original post by Lulu1609
I'm in the same situation!

Just practise loads! And revise times tables and key fractions/percentages like 1/2,1/4,1/8 etc...

It's actually terrifying thinking about this test haha
Thank you so much! If you think of anymore tips can you let me know pleeasee?
Reply 3
Original post by kathryn_vx

I've yet to take a look at these as I'm considering teaching myself. I have heard that if you practise early on you should be fine! Don't let maths scare you that's the trick I think!

Quick Reply

Latest