The Student Room Group

Do you really need alcohol to have a 'good time' ?

Most people I know say that when they're drunk it's the best time of their life is this true or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I have a much better time without alcohol tbh. alcohol makes me quite emotional if i get too drunk and then it's pretty embarrassing...
Original post by valkyrie-grey
I have a much better time without alcohol tbh. alcohol makes me quite emotional if i get too drunk and then it's pretty embarrassing...

What about drugs 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
What about drugs 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

never tried them, never will
Reply 4
Alcohol is fun. Drugs are fun. I have been out sober many times and I do not enjoy it. The only time I'm sober is when I'm at the gym (providing I'm not buzzing off my tits off some mental pre-workout)
Drugs are a mug's game
I love getting tipsy when I'm out :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by the bear
Drugs are a mug's game

So you drink anything with caffeine/alcohol in it?
Original post by JD1lla
So you drink anything with caffeine/alcohol in it?

no it spoils the taste of the ayahuasca

:rofl:
Original post by JD1lla
Alcohol is fun. Drugs are fun. I have been out sober many times and I do not enjoy it. The only time I'm sober is when I'm at the gym (providing I'm not buzzing off my tits off some mental pre-workout)

I don't want to have to be on something all the time... If you find yourself in that situation it has become a problem.
Reply 10
Original post by the bear
no it spoils the taste of the ayahuasca

:rofl:

Waeeeeyyyy :beer:
Reply 11
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I don't want to have to be on something all the time... If you find yourself in that situation it has become a problem.

Then don't? It's not about having to take something to have a good time, that's not what I'm saying.

Drugs command a lot of respect. I don't take them every weekend or every night out. There are certain situations where they can be safely enjoyed and are fun. It's all about mood enhancement.

My priorities are having a healthy body/state of mind, so it's not something I regularly delve in. I enjoy LSD and occasionally I'll have some exceptionally strong weed which is nice, or hash. I don't buy into stoner culture or LSD hippie BS. It's just nice, enjoyable and for me, safe.

What I find hypocritical is people who are like "I would never touch drugs, it's disgusting and vile and I have no interest in it" but end up hitting Malia for 2 weeks battered off their faces on alcohol - a drug that supposedly is okay because it's 'social' and 'legal'.
Original post by JD1lla
Then don't? It's not about having to take something to have a good time, that's not what I'm saying.

Drugs command a lot of respect. I don't take them every weekend or every night out. There are certain situations where they can be safely enjoyed and are fun. It's all about mood enhancement.

My priorities are having a healthy body/state of mind, so it's not something I regularly delve in. I enjoy LSD and occasionally I'll have some exceptionally strong weed which is nice, or hash. I don't buy into stoner culture or LSD hippie BS. It's just nice, enjoyable and for me, safe.

What I find hypocritical is people who are like "I would never touch drugs, it's disgusting and vile and I have no interest in it" but end up hitting Malia for 2 weeks battered off their faces on alcohol - a drug that supposedly is okay because it's 'social' and 'legal'.

Well alcohol is a drug. So I agree?
Reply 13
Well alcohol is a drug. So I agree?

Have you ever had alcohol or taken any drugs?
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
What about drugs 😛]

Alcohol is a drug, you muppet.
No.

And if you do I don't like you.
Original post by JD1lla
Have you ever had alcohol or taken any drugs?

Yes to both questions since alcohol is a drug :facepalm:

Alcohol is the only recreational drug I have taken though. Unless you count food etc... I have a cookie habbit
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Definitely not! At least, it may depend on what you'd consider a "good time". There isn't anything I'd really get up to where alcohol would even be relevant, let alone appropriate. Therefore I can have an awesome time without any kind of influence, and don't personally think there's anything remotely enjoyable about getting drunk.
Reply 18
Yes to both questions since alcohol is a drug :facepalm:

Don't be pedantic you know what I mean. I'll hand-walk you through the question again though...

Have you ever taken any illegal drugs?
Reply 19
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
No.

And if you do I don't like you.

You strike me as someone who doesn't like a lot of people.:curious:

Quick Reply

Latest