The Student Room Group

English and Law

Hey,
I'm trying to work out if anyone knows if it is possible to do an English Literature and Law as combined a Honours degree? If anybody knows what Universities offer a relevant degree let me know. Much Love x
Original post by T.Chitty
Hey,
I'm trying to work out if anyone knows if it is possible to do an English Literature and Law as combined a Honours degree? If anybody knows what Universities offer a relevant degree let me know. Much Love x

Search UCAS?
Original post by ageshallnot
Search UCAS?

Try Exeter they offer flexible combined honours course were most things can be combined. I think Durham do something similar and others may do as well
Hey,

Have a look at;
Durham (AAA*)
Liverpool (ABB)
Keele (ABB)
Glasgow (AAA)
Bangor (280 UCAS)
Good luck
Reply 4
Hey thanks for all the feedback! SwanseaJack or HannahMay, i have been to the exeter open day but wonder if either of you go to any of the Uni's you suggested and therefore know anything about the overall experience of the place? (separate to the regard of the specific degree i would like to do). Get back to me, Thanks you guys! x
Reply 5
Original post by Hannahmay01
Have a look at;
Durham (AAA*)
Liverpool (ABB)
Keele (ABB)
Glasgow (AAA)
Bangor (280 UCAS)
Good luck

Hey what is your general experience of Durham? Any information you would have welcomed before you got the placement? get back to me, thanks!
Hey what is your general experience of Durham? Any information you would have welcomed before you got the placement? get back to me, thanks!

I love Durham, it's such an incredible place to study. The college system is really unique. Unlike Oxbridge you get to study with people from every course and the support is amazing. The city is beautiful and there are so many societies and things to do!
Kent - Law and English and American Literature
Reply 8
[QUOTE="Hannahmay01;60092429"]I love Durham, it's such an incredible place to study. The college system is really unique. Unlike Oxbridge you get to study with people from every course and the support is amazing. The city is beautiful and there are so many societies and things to do![/QUOTE

Thanks somuch for the reply,you prettymuch sold it to me, goodlcuk with your study
]
Original post by swanseajack1
Try Exeter they offer flexible combined honours course were most things can be combined. I think Durham do something similar and others may do as well

Agreed - there are also a number of unis that do liberal arts, which is similar to flexible combined honours.

Do be aware that if you do take a degree that combines law with something else then, unless it's referred to as an LLB (rather than BA / BSc etc) then it's not a qualifying law degree and if you decided you wanted to work as a solicitor or barrister you'd have to do a graduate diploma in law before progressing to the LPC / BPTC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending