The Student Room Group

Best societies for making friends at Cambridge?

Hey everyone,

I've just started Cambridge, and so far I'm finding it a bit...lonely. Could anyone tell me what the best societies are for making friends? I don't do sport or play a musical instrument, so joining rowing or the choir/an orchestra isn't possible.

Thank you in advance!
Original post by nameinuse
Hey everyone,

I've just started Cambridge, and so far I'm finding it a bit...lonely. Could anyone tell me what the best societies are for making friends? I don't do sport or play a musical instrument, so joining rowing or the choir/an orchestra isn't possible.

Thank you in advance!

It's not like one society is better for making friends than others.
Choose whichever society/club you enjoy doing (or interested). You'll find people who share the same interest with you, and that's how people become friends. :wink:

Btw, you don't have to be sporty to do rowing. Even IF you don't like any physical activity, you can still become a cox. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nameinuse
xxxx

One thing I forgot to say in the previous post....
Try a society/club of your college, rather than pan-university one. That way, it'll make it much easier to get to meet other people in your college through your fellow members of your society/club and gradually build up a network of friends. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending