The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliemayxo
How is it not? If boys get told off for wearing hoodies and balaclavas then whys it ok for Muslims to cover every part of their face?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with this. We shouldn't be making exceptions for religion. Another example being making exceptions for Sikhs carrying a Kirpan, regardless if it's religious or not, it's still a weapon.

Bit rich.
Original post by will_jg
Agree with this. We shouldn't be making exceptions for religion. Another example being making exceptions for Sikhs carrying a Kirpan, regardless if it's religious or not, it's still a weapon.

I don't see why you're complaining about Sikhs carrying their Kirpans, when you find more British chavs carrying around knives, guns and machetes. The only difference is that a Kirpan wouldn't be drawn on another person. It is not a weapon.
Original post by tehforum
false equivalent

try again

Non-argument. Try again :biggrin:
Original post by geniequeen48
Well if they managed to get through interviews and have the qualifications, and have proven they weren't actually men in disguise then I don't see why not. You see surgeons with their facial masks, no ones complaining lol. I feel like I'm going to get blasted for saying this.

A surgeon is not responsible for you pallative care, he is there to open up your body and and operate not forgetting that you will be asleep anyway and that it has a neccesary and crucial hygeine reason

A hugely important role of a nurse or non surgeon is the communication and personal relationship you build up with that person. Veiling someones face simply and literally creates a barrier to that relationship.

The face and Eyes are hugely important in communication, even innately so
(edited 8 years ago)
No they shouldn't. It's intimidating. Don't come here with your religion when we can't do the same with ours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love your views.

British people need to start standing up for themselves before the minority far right wing become a well supported voice.

Political correctness has gone too far, it's time to speak out before it's too late.

I love British multiculturalism but there are certain groups in society *cough* who are taking the absolute piss and ruining it for other minorities who embrace British values and love Britain.
Original post by tazarooni89
Non-argument. Try again :biggrin:

It's not an argument, it was a statement.

try again
Original post by Betelgeuse-
A surgeon is not responsible for you pallative care, he is there to open up your body and and operate not forgetting you will be asleep anyway and that it has a neccesary hygeine reason

A hugely important role of a nurse or non surgeon is the communication and personal relationship you build up with that person. Veiling someones face simply and literally creates a barrier to that relationship.

The face and Eyes are hugely important in communication, even innately so

Good point.
Reply 48
Original post by m3m
That last bit is why people dislike you smh. Vile in every sense

I just seen her post.. You're right, this is exactly what I was talking about.

Would have repped you again but can't :frown:
Original post by preetg97
I don't see why you're complaining about Sikhs carrying their Kirpans, when you find more British chavs carrying around knives, guns and machetes. The only difference is that a Kirpan wouldn't be drawn on another person. It is not a weapon.

The difference is carrying a machete/gun is illegal whereas carrying a Kirpan, if you are a Sikh, is not.

A kirpan is a dagger, I don't see how you couldn't class it as a weapon.
It's not an argument, it was a statement.

Anyone can make a statement. Doesn't make it true.
Provide an argument if you can. (Preferably not the same one I've already responded to in this thread).
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone can make a statement. Doesn't make it true.

Not automatically, but when you use your brain and see if holds true, then it's valid.

I think its self evident that your original post was wrong.
Not automatically, but when you use your brain and see if holds true, then it's valid.

I think its self evident that your original post was wrong.

I think it's self evident that your post is wrong, once you use your brain and see that my post holds true.

(Do you see how pointless these "statements" are yet?)
Original post by will_jg

Exactly. If I went over there and showed any of my skin then God knows what would happen to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will_jg
The difference is carrying a machete/gun is illegal whereas carrying a Kirpan, if you are a Sikh, is not.

A kirpan is a dagger, I don't see how you couldn't class it as a weapon.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/33/section/139

It's a ceremonial dagger and is innately connected to the exercise of one's religion.
I think it's self evident that your post is wrong, once you use your brain and see that my post holds true.

(Do you see how pointless these "statements" are yet?)

lel

You're jumping ahead of yourself.

I made the 2nd post, you made the 1st post which was incorrect.

You can't criticise me for apparently being wrong then yours was wrong first.
Original post by Jawline?
I love your views.

British people need to start standing up for themselves before the minority far right wing become a well supported voice.

Political correctness has gone too far, it's time to speak out before it's too late.

I love British multiculturalism but there are certain groups in society *cough* who are taking the absolute piss and ruining it for other minorities who embrace British values and love Britain.

👍🏻👍🏻 thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
lel

You're jumping ahead of yourself.

I made the 2nd post, you made the 1st post which was incorrect.

You can't criticise me for apparently being wrong then yours was wrong first.

This post is also wrong

(Such a great debate, right?)
Exactly. If I went over there and showed any of my skin then God knows what would happen to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're an ignorant idiot. I can't help but pity you. :smile:
Original post by preetg97

It's intimidating. You never know what these people are holding or carrying under those burkas. If they were to rob someone or attack someone then how would their identity be found? It wouldn't. How about you look at it that way and stop being such a bloody people pleaser. You're doing my head in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest