The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Offer Holders 2016

Realized that there is no thread about this yet and there are people who just received offer so I just want to make a thread for all the offer holders to meet :smile:
Got an AAB offer for Business Management yesterday :smile:
How about you guys? And congratulations on all offers :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I just got an AAB offer for Politics & International Relations..
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by jamesgillett
I just got an AAB offer for Politics & International Relations..

Congrats! Is Sheffield your first choice?
Reply 3
Got an offer today for Biomed!
AAB or ABB with a B in the EPQ :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi, congrats about getting an offer from sheffield!

I was just wondering what your predicted grades are as I am applying for business management too, still have to send my application of though.
Reply 5
Hi everyone! I got a DDD (AAA) offer for Korean Studies. Congrats on all your offers! Have you guys all chosen Sheffield as your first choice?
Reply 6
Original post by simster98
Hi, congrats about getting an offer from sheffield!

I was just wondering what your predicted grades are as I am applying for business management too, still have to send my application of though.

Hi, nice to finally see someone applying for the same course :smile: I am predicted AAA for my subjects. :smile: good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by kasienka
Hi everyone! I got a DDD (AAA) offer for Korean Studies. Congrats on all your offers! Have you guys all chosen Sheffield as your first choice?

Congratulations! I am still waiting for other unis such as UCL and LSE, so I have not decided yet. But Sheffield will definitely be either my firm or insurance out of the 5 uni choices :smile:
How about you?
Reply 8
Original post by prepdream
Congratulations! I am still waiting for other unis such as UCL and LSE, so I have not decided yet. But Sheffield will definitely be either my firm or insurance out of the 5 uni choices :smile:
How about you?

Thanks, congrats on yours, too. I have applied to Sheffield, UCLan and SOAS, and received offers from Sheffield and UCLan. Sheffield is my firm, UCLan is my insurance, and I'm still waiting on SOAS, but good luck with the rest of your application.

It's so exciting getting to hear about everybody else's offers, I hope we all manage to get into our dream courses/unis~
I applied to three different courses at Sheffield. I have an offer for Biochemistry (sadly my third choice) and I'm waiting for Zoology and Biology!
Got an offer for Business Economics at AAB. Not sure if it will be my firm or insurance though as I am from Sheffield!
Reply 11
Original post by joecurt98
Got an offer for Business Economics at AAB. Not sure if it will be my firm or insurance though as I am from Sheffield!

Congratulations! How is Sheffield in your opinion? is it a good place to spend 3 years of unis there? Thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by prepdream
Congratulations! How is Sheffield in your opinion? is it a good place to spend 3 years of unis there? Thanks. :biggrin:

Sheffield is a great student city. The university itself is excellent and is a relatively cheap place to live. Loads of good night clubs and bars (i reccomend the leadmill). The city centre is a bit tired but is ok. Plenty of parks and not far from the Peak District. All in all a Good place to live
Update: Zoology is my firm choice at Sheffield. I chose Biology at Sheffield as my insurance choice and had to decline Biochemistry. Anyone else doing Zoology?
Original post by ramo_howin
Update: Zoology is my firm choice at Sheffield. I chose Biology at Sheffield as my insurance choice and had to decline Biochemistry. Anyone else doing Zoology?

Congratulations! Sheffield will be my firm when I get all other offers. Did you only apply for these three courses at Sheffield, or did you just get all your offers really quickly?

Zoology sounds great, best of luck to you for your exams :smile:
Original post by ramo_howin

Hey, congrats on your offers :smile:
Can I ask why you wanted Sheffield so badly, to choose 3 different courses there instead of say Zoology at 5 different unis?
And how did you manage to write a ps to encompass all 3?
Also, what grades in what subjects do you need?are you predicted?
Sorry for all the questions, but I wnt an offer from Sheffield too! :s-smilie:
I've been given an offer at Sheffield for Law - AAA!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kasienka
Congratulations! Sheffield will be my firm when I get all other offers. Did you only apply for these three courses at Sheffield, or did you just get all your offers really quickly?

Zoology sounds great, best of luck to you for your exams :smile:

I applied to all three at Sheffield :smile:
AAB for psychology :smile:
Original post by cubstocks
Hey, congrats on your offers :smile:
Can I ask why you wanted Sheffield so badly, to choose 3 different courses there instead of say Zoology at 5 different unis?
And how did you manage to write a ps to encompass all 3?
Also, what grades in what subjects do you need?are you predicted?
Sorry for all the questions, but I wnt an offer from Sheffield too! :s-smilie:

Well, Sheffield is where my parents are from and whenever I visit the UK I spend most of the time there (I live in Spain currently). I know and love the city, I have family there and I went on a Campus tour at the uni and absolutely loved it.

I wasn't completely sure what course I wanted to do when I sent the application, but I also wanted to send it off as soon as possible and, to be honest, whatever science course I would have done at Sheffield i would have been happy.

As far as my Personal Statement, it was geared more towards biology. However I centred it more around my childhood experience in Spain on a boat. I added a few sentences about my interest in the connection between biology and chemistry, and about having an interest in animal behaviour, and a genetics study my teacher had done.

As for the grades. I'm studying the Spanish baccalaureate and I'm predicted an 8'7, which is halfway between an AAB and an AAA. I have an offer asking for an AAB, ie an 8'5. Also I need a 9 in Biology and either chemistry or maths.

Good luck on getting an offer! What are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending