The Student Room Group

How to make the textbook interesting?

I take a AQA A Pysch but am getting so bored reading through the textbook. I want 90 percent UMS and achieved 85 percent last year (A2 exams).

I barely got through it last year but I honestly need to alter my perception of the book because I start reading it and get so bored. This is considering the actual depth you need this year at A2.

It's not that I can't read - I'll go through Biology pages easy, but with Psych it just becomes such a task. I can see that I'm acting like an actual wierdo but for those of you that did AQA you will understand how (unnecessarily) complicated and wordy it is.

TL;DR - The book is rubbish and I want tips on reading it for a straight 30 minute session (which I can't handle).
Original post by TrojanH
I take a AQA A Pysch but am getting so bored reading through the textbook. I want 90 percent UMS and achieved 85 percent last year (A2 exams).

I barely got through it last year but I honestly need to alter my perception of the book because I start reading it and get so bored. This is considering the actual depth you need this year at A2.

It's not that I can't read - I'll go through Biology pages easy, but with Psych it just becomes such a task. I can see that I'm acting like an actual wierdo but for those of you that did AQA you will understand how (unnecessarily) complicated and wordy it is.

TL;DR - The book is rubbish and I want tips on reading it for a straight 30 minute session (which I can't handle).

Try another textbook (there should be several for that spec?). Look at another online source for stuff on the same topic ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending