The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tribe
Has anyone not got an interview yet (or a rejection)? All of my friends that have applied for Imperial have had interviews and offers back, and I haven't even heard an interview date.

I hope we don't get murdered silently.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by zshn
I'm only doing 3 A Levels + EPQ, but they didn't give me a STEP/AEA offer. I think it's pretty unlikely to get one unless you mention that you're already doing STEP/AEA, or if you haven't done Further Maths at A Level.

When's your interview?

Its next Wednesday.
Did anyone here apply with no prior computing experience?
I was thinking of next year but I have never done computing, not even at National 5(GCSE equivalent) level -would that put me at a disadvantage?
Reply 243
Original post by Jabberjay_
Its next Wednesday.

Good luck! I made a pretty detailed post about how the interview goes a few pages back in this thread, feel free to look it over, hope it helps :smile:

Original post by Mystery.
I was thinking of next year but I have never done computing, not even at National 5(GCSE equivalent) level -would that put me at a disadvantage?

Nope, I mentioned the fact that I'd never studied Computing before as a positive, because it means that you've developed the motivation to study it independently.
Original post by zshn
I'm only doing 3 A Levels + EPQ, but they didn't give me a STEP/AEA offer. I think it's pretty unlikely to get one unless you mention that you're already doing STEP/AEA, or if you haven't done Further Maths at A Level.

When's your interview?

I know a guy who's doing 4 A Levels + EPQ, and has an offer from Cambridge but Imperial still want him to do STEP. He said that he thought he did terribly in the Imperial interview though, especially on the Maths parts so that might be it?
Reply 245
Original post by lionbiscuit
I know a guy who's doing 4 A Levels + EPQ, and has an offer from Cambridge but Imperial still want him to do STEP. He said that he thought he did terribly in the Imperial interview though, especially on the Maths parts so that might be it?

If you look at the Freedom of Information request I posted earlier in this thread, it said that they consider if you have enough time and ability to achieve an AEA/STEP offer before giving you one. So because he's a stronger candidate, but did kinda badly in the interview, they gave him a STEP offer to stretch and challenge him? They talked about stretching people to prepare them for Uni through a high offer.
Still waiting on an interview or rejection. Couldn't even care which any more, just want to know. If the last interview day really was the 17th then... yeah. Does look like there might be one March 2nd actually.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JamieOH
Still waiting on an interview or rejection. Couldn't even care which any more, just want to know. If the last interview day really was the 17th then... yeah. Does look like there might be one March 2nd actually.

What did you get for AS levels?
Original post by Jabberjay_
What did you get for AS levels?

Pretty poor, AABB - but predicted A*AA.
Original post by JamieOH

I'm emailing them tomorrow asking whether there's one on March 2nd or not. If they say yes there's some hope, if they say no I'm gonna be pissed because that means I/we have been rejected and they could've told us a week ago when they already knew.
Original post by KingKumar
I'm emailing them tomorrow asking whether there's one on March 2nd or not. If they say yes there's some hope, if they say no I'm gonna be pissed because that means I/we have been rejected and they could've told us a week ago when they already knew.

Aha yeah. Well let me know what they say. I'm in the same boat for UCL as well, it's just depressing.

Keep us posted
Original post by JamieOH
Aha yeah. Well let me know what they say. I'm in the same boat for UCL as well, it's just depressing.

Original post by edothero
Keep us posted

It would be quicker to just call the department.
Original post by Mystery.

If your Maths is strong and can show that you have an interest in computing even with something small you will not be at a disadvantage at all.
They haven't replied to the email yet, guess it would've been much better to call like Jabberjay said. They replied after 10 minutes the last time I emailed so I just expected the same this time.
Anyone else who had an interview 3rd Feb got the 'informal, you got an offer!' email today??
Original post by gemdarkstone
Anyone else who had an interview 3rd Feb got the 'informal, you got an offer!' email today??

Yeah I did.
They haven't replied to the email yet, guess it would've been much better to call like Jabberjay said. They replied after 10 minutes the last time I emailed so I just expected the same this time.

Did you hear back about that?
Reply 258
Original post by James Hp
Yeah I'm so happy! Now i just hope that the requirements aren't too high...

Good luck man, usually takes them about a week to put grades on UCAS Track, let us know!
Original post by JamieOH
Did you hear back about that?

Not yet, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending