The Student Room Group

German paragraphs

I am worried to an extent about the ending of the second paragraph and whether I need to elaborate on it or not, if you have anything to say about that please do. Other than that, please can you check for any errors in either paragraph thanks.

Hausarbeit gefallt mir nicht und obwohl ich leztzes wochenende gebocht habe, koche ich normalerweise nicht. Fruher hatte ich keine Staub gesaugt aber leztzes woche sauge ich staub um ein bisschen Geld zu bekommen. Ich rauche nicht mein zimmer auf, weil meiner meinung nach es nichts zu rauche gibt. Leztztes Montag Nachdem ich aufgestanden war, habe ich die betten gemacht, weil ein Bett, das bequem ist, ist besser als ein unbequemes Bett.

Mein schlafzimmer ist ziemlich gross und das finde ich einfach klasse, da der raum mir gefallt. In meinem Zimmer der Fernseher ist gegenüber dem bett also man kann der fernseher ins bett sehen, der nutzlich ist. Obwohl es wirklich gemutlich ist, ist aufstehen extrem schwierig und fruher habe ich fernseher jeden tag gesehen aber jetz ich schlafe denn je mehr schlafe desto weniger bin ich mude. Aussi gibt es in mein schlafzimmer ein computer und es ist auf dem schreibtisch. Der schreibtisch is schwischen dem bett und dem fernseher.
Original post by Sergeant Numpty
I am worried to an extent about the ending of the second paragraph and whether I need to elaborate on it or not, if you have anything to say about that please do. Other than that, please can you check for any errors in either paragraph thanks.

Hausarbeit gefällt mir nicht und obwohl ich leztzes wochenende gekocht habe, koche ich normalerweise nicht. Fruher hätte ich keine staub gesaugt aber leztze Woche saugte ich staub um ein bisschen Geld zu bekommen. Ich räume nicht mein Zimmer auf, weil meiner Meinung nach es nichts zu rauchen gibt. Letztes Montag nachdem ich aufgestanden war, habe ich die Detten gemacht, weil ein Bett, das bequem ist, besser als ein unbequemes Bett ist (weil kicks verb to the end).

Mein Schlafzimmer ist ziemlich gross und das finde ich einfach klasse, da der Raum mir gefällt. In meinem Zimmer ist der Fernseher gegenüber dem Bett, also kann man den Fernseher in dem Bett sehen, der nützlich ist. Obwohl es wirklich gemütlich ist, ist aufstehen extrem schwierig und früher habe ich fern jeden Tag gesehen aber jetzt schlafe ich denn je mehr ich schlafe desto weniger ich de bin. Es gibt auch (for some reason I think you also take/took French) in meinem Schlafzimmer einen Computer und es ist auf dem Schreibtisch. Der Schreibtisch is schwischen dem Bett und dem Fernseher.

The two paragraphs seem fine, and I do think you know this already, but you just need to check your use of umlauts and remember to always use capital letters for nouns. With the ending of the second paragraph, I think it seems fine, but you could still improve the overall quality of your writing by including more tenses like perfect, imperfect, conditional, as well as introducing more points of view - maybe talk about a sibling.

You can PM me if you need any more help, and hopefully I will actually be able to help you.
Thanks a lot and yes I did also take French. In terms of the other tenses those are in other paragraphs but the other points of view I completely forgot about so thanks for telling me about those. :smile:
Thanks a lot and yes I did also take French. In terms of the other tenses those are in other paragraphs but the other points of view I completely forgot about so thanks for telling me about those. :smile:

No problem :smile:
Original post by BlueBlueBells
No problem :smile:

I was wondering whether you did French as well because you guessed that I did and if so could you give me some advice on what to include to get as good as possible in my upcoming french speaking?
I was wondering whether you did French as well because you guessed that I did and if so could you give me some advice on what to include to get as good as possible in my upcoming french speaking?

Yeah, I'm taking French too, and I'm generally better at German, but I think to get higher marks for French, you could basically do the same general things like in German (tenses, other POVs, etc.) plus adding structures like using 'y' and 'si je pouvais...'. Also, 'en verbant', 'après avoir / être + past participle' and something like 'elle avait déja mangé' ('she had already eaten' - pluperfect). Maybe you could work on the subjunctive mood (you could say something like 'bien que je sache que...' which means 'even though I know that...':wink:. Plus, using French idioms always look good ('faire la grasse matinée' for example means to have a lie in). One other thing you could try to focus on is using more unusual vocab, and even having a range of ways to say common things like 'great' (incroyable, merveilleux, formidable), 'but' (cependant, pourtant, au contraire), 'because' (puis que, vu que, car) and so on. Maybe even keep a few phrases to use when you're stuck (eh bien, alors, bonne question...). Can't think of any more right at this moment, but hopefully these will help you come up with something good.

Some of these points are also interchangeable with German (I just forgot to add them), in case you want to add more to your German.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest