The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Hey guys!

I couldn't see a thread anywhere for 2016 entry for medicine A100 at Dundee, so I thought I would make one :smile:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Scroll to see replies

Hi I have also applied go Dundee! When are you likely to hear from medical schools again? I can't stand this waiting!!!
Reply 2
Original post by k8clar
Hi I have also applied go Dundee! When are you likely to hear from medical schools again? I can't stand this waiting!!!

Heya!

I'm not entirely sure, but probably not until the end of November/ early December at the earliest. It will vary between different schools, sometimes you don't hear anything till after christmas!

On their website Dundee say they interview in December and January, so I guess some people will hear at the end of November :smile:
Hello other prospective Dundee-ers! It's my first choice and I have an okay UKCAT score, so I'm quietly hoping I've a shot at an interview *fingers crossed* You never know with these things though!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by prospectivemed56
Hello other prospective Dundee-ers! It's my first choice and I have an okay UKCAT score, so I'm quietly hoping I've a shot at an interview *figures crossed* You never know with these things though!

Hello!
Good luck to you, I hope you are successful :smile: I am a graduate applying with a poor UKCAT score, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed too.
Have you sent back your adversity form yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by katherine_b
Hello!
Good luck to you, I hope you are successful :smile: I am a graduate applying with a poor-okay UKCAT score, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed too.

Do all applicants get an adversity form?
Reply 6
Original post by k8clar
Do all applicants get an adversity form?

Yes I was under the impression that all applicants do. Did you get a conformation email for applying? The link to the form was in that.
Hello!
Good luck to you, I hope you are successful :smile: I am a graduate applying with a poor-okay UKCAT score, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed too.

Yes ... I'm not fully sure I 'got' it though, there were only about two questions about eg disability ... just a bit nervous because in previous years the adversity form seems to have been rolled in with one in which you fill out all the details of your work experience!
Reply 8
Yes ... I'm not fully sure I 'got' it though, there were only about two questions about eg disability ... just a bit nervous because in previous years the adversity form seems to have been rolled in with one in which you fill out all the details of your work experience!

Oh really? This is my first application to Dundee, so I didn't know that! But I think they must have changed it, because my form sounds like it was the same as yours, with only 2 questions about disability and no mention of work experience.
Oh really? This is my first application to Dundee, so I didn't know that! But I think they must have changed it, because my form sounds like it was the same as yours, with only 2 questions about disability and no mention of work experience.

Ha, that's reassuring! This was the TSR thread that was getting me twitchy, but you're right, they must have changed it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2467432&page=8
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes I was under the impression that all applicants do. Did you get a conformation email for applying? The link to the form was in that.

Yea this is what has confused me lol, so if you don't have any disabilities then it essentially has no use? I got it yes btw! :smile:
Original post by k8clar
Yea this is what has confused me lol, so if you don't have any disabilities then it essentially has no use? I got it yes btw! :smile:

Yup, pretty much if you have nothing to say just return it blank I think!
Reply 12
Hello!

me too :smile: can i aks what your ukcat was? mine was a measly 650
Reply 13
Haha well mine was an even more measly 640! Hopefully all grads that we are ranked against will have similar scores :wink:

I have a masters and I hope that helps :smile:
haha i hate this wait. are u a scottish applicant?
Haha well mine was an even more measly 640! Hopefully all grads that we are ranked against will have similar scores :wink:

UKCAT 750 but a 2.1 degree and rubbish A level equivalents :-/
Reply 15
UKCAT 750 but a 2.1 degree and rubbish A level equivalents :-/

i sure u will get an interview with that ukcat score.
Reply 16
UKCAT 710 and 2.1 Biomedical Science. Hopefully I'm getting an interview! :biggrin:
Hi guys, I have applied for Medicine at Dundee as well but my academic grade as well as the UKCAT score is horrendous. I took a major risk, no chance with a ukcat just below 600, right?
Reply 18
Original post by RioGk
UKCAT 710 and 2.1 Biomedical Science. Hopefully I'm getting an interview! :biggrin:

i reckon wth 710 u will :smile:
Is anyone here applying for Medicine at Dundee with the pre-medical year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending