The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Does the temperature change half if mass doubles?
Original post by Super199
What did people get for the keplers qs?

Think I got 1.2 x 10^12 for the shorter radius and 3.6 x 10^12 for R2.
I can't remember what the next question was, but I know the last 3 marker for the mass of S2 stumped me.
Anybody know how many marks were just for calculation questions?
Original post by Jm098
Does the temperature change half if mass doubles?

No, the equation for c was (gmh)/(m x change in temperature),so the masses cancelled out, so C was independent of mass in this case.
Reply 184
How come was it 5pi/4? I thought that the full wavelength was pi, and each of the dots was pi/8 apart, if you know what I mean, so I got 5pi/8
Reply 185
I thought it was not bad, but there were literally almost no normal questions, like define this, why this. All questions seem to have a twist, lost most marks on that flipping alphabet question, but other questions was all good. I think I'm above the A threshold.

But man if I had gotten that question I would be flying right now.
Reply 186
Original post by Natalo77
Well if you used cos 55 with the other angle that would work. Was your answer around 1070?

I used cos 55 but my andwer was more like 108N
Reply 187
Original post by Oddowl
How come was it 5pi/4? I thought that the full wavelength was pi, and each of the dots was pi/8 apart, if you know what I mean, so I got 5pi/8

one wavelength is 2pi
Reply 188
I didn't square root my initial speed on question one ffs, do they ECF?
Original post by Oddowl

There were 8 squares for the full oscillation, and they were 6 squares apart, so it was 6/8 = 3/4 difference, so it was (3pi)/2 I thought
Full wavelength is 2pi
What were your values for S2 people??? I NEED TO KNOW FUSUFBAKFJKDNDKIDJFJ
for the fireman question, i calculated the weight of the fireman and took away the vertical component of the water hose so i got around 830N i think
Original post by banksy0312
...23? :/

23 was for Mars
Original post by Aph
I used cos 55 but my andwer was more like 108N

Something like that. Then the fireman's weight should have been added to that to get around 1070.
Reply 195
Original post by Oddowl

One full wavelength is 2pie (360)
Original post by LibertyMan
What were your values for S2 people??? I NEED TO KNOW FUSUFBAKFJKDNDKIDJFJ

1.02x10^33 lol idk
Reply 197
What was the max speed and period?
Original post by dash52
for the fireman question, i calculated the weight of the fireman and took away the vertical component of the water hose so i got around 830N i think

You should have added the vertical component of the water hose :frown: hopefully you should get some marks for the use of the component however, maybe drop 1 or 2 marks.
Original post by dash52

You add the verticle component, newtons third law

Quick Reply