The Student Room Group

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders

The 2016 UCAS cycle is already upon us! So many of us are currently in the process of writing up our personal statements, pestering our tutors to do our references, and some of the early birds have already sent their applications off!

"What else is there to know" did you say? People are already receiving university offers! You knew that? Well, do you know which universities are handing out offers a lot quicker than others? Or which are taking their time? Feel free to contribute. :fyi:

(Hogwarts is only a letter away for some of us :mmm:)

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking. their. time? :zomg:

Once again, good luck to all of you applying this year - it'll be a blast!

Scroll to see replies

Warwick is blitzing through offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure Durham won't be finished giving theirs out until February, not many people seem to have got them yet.
hoping to get mine actually sent off soon my referee is taking long,paid for the form and stuff now im just waiting on them

applying to do psychology at :

Loughborough
UEA
Essex
Liverpool
Portsmouth
Definitely Warwick
Warwick is sending offers as quick as engine pistons XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn I'm waiting on my offer from Warwick then :wink:
Original post by WaywardWriter

When did you send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

where r you applying and what course? i miss the african chat...
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
When did you send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my application on monday, so yeah i'll just wait patiently, lol :biggrin:
Cardiff is being pretty quick :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
where r you applying and what course? i miss the african chat...

I'm applying for English at King's, Warwick, Birmingham, Essex and Nottingham. I know same here, I miss that chat too, I think everyone is just too busy now for the african bants :frown:
Warwick defo
I'm applying for English at King's, Warwick, Birmingham, Essex and Nottingham. I know same here, I miss that chat too, I think everyone is just too busy now for the african bants :frown:

im applying to loughborough,uea,liverpool,essex,portsmouth for psychology...waiting on my referee to send this off...
Original post by scrawlx101
im applying to loughborough,uea,liverpool,essex,portsmouth for psychology...waiting on my referee to send this off...

Oh god, I know referees can always be a bit of nuisance and when you ask, they always say that they have loads of other references to do. Tbh, I was quite lucky as my referee loves me, but I know loads of people going through your pain. :tongue:
Original post by emiloujess
Cardiff is being pretty quick :smile:

Have you already received an offer? :h:

I literally just had my application sent off at 16:58 today :lol:
Sheffield and Liverpool have been quick for me, I think Warwick have also been fairly quick.
I think half this site has offers from Warwick.
And bath sent me an offer at the start of the month so they're really quick.
Exeter is so slow that the only thing I got from them was an acknowledgement??
Original post by RonnieRJ
I think half this site has offers from Warwick.

lmfao
Warwick, of course... I also know people who've got them from Kent, Lancaster, Glasgow, Kings, and Cardiff :smile: Still waiting for all of mine, I applied to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter & Edinburgh a couple weeks ago now... That said, it's for French & Russian so I assume everything will have to go through two departments which takes longer.

Latest