The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HazMusicPanda
Ooh I've got an offer too. Are you going to the applicant day tomorrow?

No!! But, honestly, huddersfield seems to be one of the best unis for music!! The facilities are amazing and the course content is really practical... the teachers are also influential in the music world :smile:
Anyone else's track not working
Original post by sumeyyatontus
Anyone else's track not working

Yeah I think it's down atm
Original post by jamespereira98
No!! But, honestly, huddersfield seems to be one of the best unis for music!! The facilities are amazing and the course content is really practical... the teachers are also influential in the music world :smile:

Yeah I was actually in like a huge show last year in my city in the choir as the soloist and the composer when to Huddersfield. I think that's how I found out about it. It looks great and is one of my top (Hull just beats it. The facilities there are AMAZING. Like Huddersfield is great, but the tech facilities are amazing at Hull). Well I'll see if tomorrow sways my opinion! :P
Original post by Gracemarielewis
I had an informal interview for Swansea and the lecturer said on the day they'd offer me a place but it didn't go through UCAS until nearly 2 weeks later. Good luck!

Many thanks for the reply and good luck to you
Original post by frances98
I applied on the 18th December

You should hear soon hopefully. What uni(s) have you applied for?
Anyone heard from Kent, Essex, Brunel or Bradford (law)?
Original post by AlexD101
You should hear soon hopefully. What uni(s) have you applied for?

Glasgow obviously
City university London (offer)
Anglia Ruskin Cambridge campus (offer)
Manchester university (interview in March)
University of Sheffield (rejejction pre interview)
Glasgow obviously
City university London (offer)
Anglia Ruskin Cambridge campus (offer)
Manchester university (interview in March)
University of Sheffield (rejejction pre interview)

That's amazing you have offers from London and Cambridge. If you get offers from the you should definitely get one for Glasgow.
Original post by AlexD101
That's amazing you have offers from London and Cambridge. If you get offers from the you should definitely get one for Glasgow.

It's not Cambridge university you know. Its hair another university in Cambridge
It's not Cambridge university you know. Its hair another university in Cambridge

yeah i know
Woot woot just received my fifth and final offer today, 7 hours after my interview for the last uni.

Applied 13th Jan.
Leeds sent an email for interview scheduling on 21st Jan (Set for 10th Feb)
Leicester gave an offer on 28th Jan
Sheffield gave an offer on 4th Feb
Birmingham sent an email saying they would make an offer (within 2 weeks on UCAS) on 4th Feb
Did interview for Leeds 9am 10th Feb.
Nottingham, Birmingham, Leeds gave offers on 10th Feb.

It took Leeds less than 7 hours after the interview which really surprised me. I was expecting 3 days to a week for a response.

By chance, does anyone know what PEIA means?
Same here, just got my final offer from the fifth university, so excited!!:biggrin:
Now is the hard decision of picking which one to firm and insure :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still waiting for a response from Durham for International Relations too.

Original post by ConFitz
Has anyone heard from Birmingham, Kent, Durham, Essex and UEA? I've applied for Politics and International Relations (or variations on the name).
It's been over a month and I'm still waiting on Warwick, Birmingham and Edinburgh.

Warwick's my much preferred first choice, so this wait is killing me. :redface: Anyone else waiting on Politics and Sociology at Warwick? Or Warwick in general?
Original post by acupofgreentea
It's been over a month and I'm still waiting on Warwick, Birmingham and Edinburgh.

Warwick's my much preferred first choice, so this wait is killing me. :redface: Anyone else waiting on Politics and Sociology at Warwick? Or Warwick in general?

Here! Almost guaranteed to be rejected though, but I'm waiting for Edinburgh and Warwick as well (for CompSci). I applied on the 14th January.
Original post by vanillaboy
Here! Almost guaranteed to be rejected though, but I'm waiting for Edinburgh and Warwick as well (for CompSci). I applied on the 14th January.

I applied on about the same date. Where else have you heard from? I got offers from Durham, Cardiff, Swansea but nothing from Birm or WW yet.
One uni I applied to two months ago, still waiting for a reply!
Original post by Supersaps
I applied on about the same date. Where else have you heard from? I got offers from Durham, Cardiff, Swansea but nothing from Birm or WW yet.

I applied to Ed, WW, King's, St. Andrews and UCL. Rejected from King's around a week ago (part of the reason why I'm so sure of a WW rejection), due to not meeting entry requirements. I'm an international though, so the entry requirements from university to university differ largely based on how they interpret our grading system.
Haven't heard back from anywhere else.

Edit: And congrats on the Durham offer! Great school.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vanillaboy
I applied to Ed, WW, King's, St. Andrews and UCL. Rejected from King's around a week ago (part of the reason why I'm so sure of a WW rejection), due to not meeting entry requirements. I'm an international though, so the entry requirements from university to university differ largely based on how they interpret our grading system.
Haven't heard back from anywhere else.

Edit: And congrats on the Durham offer! Great school.

International from where?

Latest

Trending

Trending