The Student Room Group

Disappointing A-level predictions

My predicted grades for A-Levels are BCC do I have any chance of still going to a decent uni to study English Literature with a B in English ????
Original post by dfleary
My predicted grades for A-Levels are BCC do I have any chance of still going to a decent uni to study English Literature with a B in English ????

What did you get at AS? They normally predict one grade up.
depends on your definition of decent

BCC wont get you into a russel group or uni that is high up the rankings, they aren't high predicted grades, however you will still be able to study English somewhere that's not terrible
Original post by dfleary

Define 'decent uni.' If you're aiming for universities that rank highly for your subject, you'll need to retake some exams and then apply with (hopefully) better achieved grades next year.
Reply 4
Original post by Hydeman
Define 'decent uni.' If you're aiming for universities that rank highly for your subject, you'll need to retake some exams and then apply with (hopefully) better achieved grades next year.

Not anything too high like Russell group worthy but somewhere between 20-50 rankings. Any universities in mind ???
Reply 5
Original post by lizmoo0721
What did you get at AS? They normally predict one grade up.

CCD my AS grades were definitely not the best
Reply 6
Original post by dfleary

B is a good grade.
I wouldn't be too worried about it as there's always adjustment on results day.
Original post by dfleary
CCD my AS grades were definitely not the best

You should be predicted BBC. I applied to universities higher than my predicted grades and still got offers, it's not always about the grades. Good luck :smile:
Original post by dfleary
Not anything too high like Russell group worthy but somewhere between 20-50 rankings. Any universities in mind ???

Not really. I don't know that much about English Literature courses. If it's rankings you're after, you could look at the subject-specific league tables in The Complete University Guide or the Guardian's league tables. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending