The Student Room Group

cant stand religion bashers

I seriously don't understand religion bashers the ones that don't really know anything about the religion and the people who follow the religion. I dunno it just gets on my nerves. does it get on anyone else's nerves

Scroll to see replies

All ignorance annoys me.
Actually money is the root of all evil
Original post by driftawaay
If I could eradicate one thing from this planet, it would be religion. It is the root of all evil. :smile:

What about poverty
Original post by 010197
Actually money is the root of all evil

Actually the love of money is the root of all evil.
Reply 5
If I could eradicate one thing from this planet, it would be religion. It is the root of all evil. :smile:

PRSOM :h:
Completely agree :smile: Religion causes way too many problems.
Original post by robinfr
I seriously don't understand religion bashers the ones that don't really know anything about the religion and the people who follow the religion. I dunno it just gets on my nerves. does it get on anyone else's nerves
You only see a lot of this on this forum because it's populated by young people who want to be unique and edgy and who have just learnt about Nietzsche.
Reply 7
Believing in a religion and living your life by the ideology from that religion limits your experiences in life. Life is all about experiences, and regardless of what you may believe there is no evidence to suggest there is an afterlife, therefore you are limiting everything you can do because of your belief. Also to believe in a religion is completely illogical, the only logical reason to believe is because you don't want to be punished for your decisions, and what is to say the religion you believe in is the right one?

If you are religious the place where you were born will most likely determine the religion you believe in, it has nothing to do with one religion being more possible than another. There are many contradictions and inconsistencies within religion yet people blindly follow. Also when people say things like 'It's part of Gods plan' is an incredibly damaging idea, passing the blame of what has been done and what we could change to an imaginary God is lazy and disgraceful. What happens in the world is down to us and us alone.
Reply 8
What I don't understand is, why do people believe that there are aliens out there but reject the idea of there being a God?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If people want to be religious, let them. I see no point in criticising them because it's their life.
Original post by Makbkuan
What I don't understand is, why do people believe that there are aliens out there but reject the idea of there being a God?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most people believe in aliens because of probability and logic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Makbkuan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because there is the possibility that Aliens exist, the size of the Universe is massive and just as humans exist it is possible that somewhere else in the Universe another species of life could also exist, Religion was created by humans.
I should be allowed to believe in what i want as long as i dont use it to insult or harm anyone else. Practising religion is a personal thing. I dont think a person should be bashed for believing in something because you dont.

wrong. Man is the root of all evil, who use religion to excuse thier actions.

Faith on the other hand is a very good thing. I have faith and i am not evil, nor is my particular religion.
Original post by silverbolt

Faith on the other hand is a very good thing. I have faith and i am not evil, nor is my particular religion.

Religion is a man made invention and you basically just repeated what I said.
Original post by robinfr

Dogmatic personalities and the use of confirmation bias is the actual annoyance
It can exist in anyone, religious or not
Original post by Most Competitive
If people want to be religious, let them. I see no point in criticising them because it's their life.

*facepalm*
Original post by silverbolt

Best answer yet.

Man has been slaughtering each other since Man has existed. Before Religion, during Religion and if it happens, after religion.

Alot of these people on here condemning religion are doing the exact same thing overly religious people have done for centuries, but usually when you tell them this they start comparing you to murderers because they aren't intelligent enough to judge on an individual basis.
Original post by TorpidPhil
*facepalm*

Facepalming over what? freedom of what to believe in believe in without being ridiculed?

*super facepalm*
Original post by TorpidPhil
*facepalm*

And the point of that is?

Quick Reply

Latest