The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SKDhaliwal
Honestly, don't worry about it. I have a friend who got her offer for Law from Nottingham in early March or something like that, so it isn't uncommon to wait a while for an offer. As for your LNAT, universities have in the past given offers to people who haven't performed as well in them, because other elements of their application really impressed them. Don't stress too much about it - I haven't had any offers yet either.

Wow. I just know that most of my friends have got at least one offer from their unis, and then here I am, still waiting. :biggrin: Just worried really, I want to work hard and know that it will pay off...
Original post by sherds
Applied on the fourteenth to Oxford, Kings, City, Durham, and Edinburgh. Sat the LNAT in September. All are considering.

It's strange, City is the easiest to get into for me (in terms of admission requirements) and some people have been accepted to their law school already. Paranoid/100% certain I ****ed up somehow.

Waiting is the worst omg

Don't be worried about others being accepted whilst you're still waiting. Each uni probably has hundreds of applicants already so it's just a matter of them getting round to you on their list.
Reply 42
Got my first offer at 7pm today from Manchester. I applied on 12th October.
Original post by Olax98
Got my first offer at 7pm today from Manchester. I applied on 12th October.

Mind telling us your AS and GCSE grades ::smile:
My friend got an offer for law at Warwick a few weeks ago!
Reply 45
I applied on the 12th October and sat the LNAT on the 7th! I have applied to: Oxford, York (invitation for interview), Nottingham, Durham and Lancaster (offer: AAA/AAB with A in EPQ).

I probably won't hear anything more for ages, I'd just like to hear back from Nottingham so I can know if my LNAT went okay!

Good luck everyone :smile: x
Reply 46
Original post by Praveen101
Mind telling us your AS and GCSE grades ::smile:

Of Course, as long as you all share your grades. I'll give you my whole life story, actually!:flutter:

I got 6A* 5A Distinction at GCSE
AABD in History, Fine Art, Law and Chemistry (1 ums off C- retaking)
I am doing the EPQ this year, aiming for A*, but I don't know if my head of year predicted anything for that in my reference.
I go to a pretty average comprehensive - nobody ever got into Oxbridge, people tend to go to universities lower down in the league tables (usually because they don't even try to apply to those higher up!) :hmmmm2:

I also applied to Durham, Bristol, Exeter and Oxford. I actually have 'guaranteed offers' from Durham (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB) due to summer schools I have attended, yet they still must process my application as they would any other.

I hope that helps! Again, share your own life stories, everybody! :cyber:
Reply 47
Original post by Aquaxo
I applied on the 12th October and sat the LNAT on the 7th! I have applied to: Oxford, York (invitation for interview), Nottingham, Durham and Lancaster (offer: AAA/AAB with A in EPQ).

I probably won't hear anything more for ages, I'd just like to hear back from Nottingham so I can know if my LNAT went okay!

Good luck everyone :smile: x

Awesome. I got an interview offer from York as well. When is your interview date if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Applied on the 13th October
to:
Oxford
KCL
Warwick
Birmingham
Leicester

Leic hmu earlier today with an unconditional
Sent my UCAS off on the 2nd October and did LNAT on the 15th.

I applied to Durham, Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield and Queens Belfast and got an offer from Sheffield on the 19th October and one from Queens earlier today!
Reply 50
Original post by ellawhite4686
Sent my UCAS off on the 2nd October and did LNAT on the 15th.

I applied to Durham, Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield and Queens Belfast and got an offer from Sheffield on the 19th October and one from Queens earlier today!

congrats on your offer from QMUL!! They're one of the unis im reallllly worried about. Can i ask what grades they asked for?
Reply 51
My app got sent of on the 14th Oct, LNAT was taken on the 20th Oct and received an offer from City uni on 19th Oct.
Still waiting to hear from Oxford, UCL, QMUL and SOAS.
Original post by fs1
My app got sent of on the 14th Oct, LNAT was taken on the 20th Oct and received an offer from City uni on 19th Oct.

Queens belfast, not qmul two different
I sent my application off on Monday 19th. I've already got offers from UEA, Exeter and Surrey.

I've applied to:

Durham
Exeter
York
Surrey
UEA

Just waiting on Durham and York...
Reply 54
Original post by Praveen101
Queens belfast, not qmul two different

ohhhhh.
Original post by fs1

Hellooooo @fs1

Yayyyy you're interested in SOAS :hoppy:
Come and drop us a line in our 2016 SOAS Application Thread and let me know when you sent off your application. I'll be able to help you there as well as answer any other questions you might have. Don't be shy, we don't bite. Or do we... :sneakydevil:

P.S. Don't be afraid to say hi to others, join in the conversation, or throw some silly facts or emojis in there! We loveeeeee emojis! :party:

~Mike
Reply 56
Hey Guys,

I sent my application on 13 October to Cambridge, Kings, Durham, York and QMUL. Ive already achieved my grades (currently on a gap year). The only university I've heard back from is York for an interview. Hoping the rest will get back soon, its so nerve wracking...
Reply 57
Original post by fs1

How was the LNAT? I don't know why but i find it so scary even though its not.
How long did it take you to prepare for it?
Reply 58
Got offers form Leicester and Oxford Brookes (safe choices). Interview with York. Just waiting for my last 2 unis to get back to me.
Original post by fs1
congrats on your offer from QMUL!! They're one of the unis im reallllly worried about. Can i ask what grades they asked for?

European student studying IB,
Predicted 39, HL 6,6,6 SL 6,6,7
Subjects HL English, History, Visual Arts, SL Maths,Biology,French,Spanish

Applied on 14th OCT
Oxford(Pemboke),
KCL,
QMUL,
Bristol
Exeter.

Got standard offer today from QML for "law with European law" IB37 with HL18

Latest

Trending