The Student Room Group

How much reading do you do?

I'm in my final year and we're given additional readings at the end of our lectures, and we're supposed to find our own sources too.
My friends all say that no one does all the reading, (which i think is true since we're supposed to do 40 hours a week which is literally impossible with research projects, lectures, essays etc), but they haven't started at all. Alternatively i know some students who are always in the computer rooms and libraries so i'm guessing that they do a lot of reading.

I'm stressing out about how much i'm meant to do. What do you do?
I didn't do any reading as I went along. At exam time/essay time I would read some relevant sources for whichever sections I needed to revise (as it usually wasn't all of them) and then read a couple of books on the subject, I tried to rely on my own references though so my answers weren't just regurgitation of the lectures.
Original post by snowystarks
I'm in my final year and we're given additional readings at the end of our lectures, and we're supposed to find our own sources too.
My friends all say that no one does all the reading, (which i think is true since we're supposed to do 40 hours a week which is literally impossible with research projects, lectures, essays etc), but they haven't started at all. Alternatively i know some students who are always in the computer rooms and libraries so i'm guessing that they do a lot of reading.

I'm stressing out about how much i'm meant to do. What do you do?

If you want to get a good first degree, then i'd pick which topics to learn in detail for the exams and do all the additional reading. If its for an assignment i'd go through all/most of the reading list. You don't necessarily have to read everything from start to finish either. Using your own sources is an easy way to stand out during exams too (google scholar is very easy to use for this).

Quick Reply

Latest