The Student Room Group

AS Level assistance phys

hello,

i have almost completed my second month of AS level physics (my other subjects are chemistry biology and maths (edexcel). I had a look in many forums and noticed that most people did a lot of past papers to get a good grades. However, for the new year 12's the course has changed.
My teachers have told me that all the past papers and notes from previous course pattern is somewhat useless. They have just provided 2 specimen papers :frown:

Hence, are there any other ways to improve my understanding of the exam paper and the content itself, and are there any websites/reference books I could use which would enhance my theoretical understanding of the subject? If so, please do list them (these apply for the other subjects im taking aswell)

Thanks
Original post by Vyasbandicoots
hello,

i have almost completed my second month of AS level physics (my other subjects are chemistry biology and maths (edexcel). I had a look in many forums and noticed that most people did a lot of past papers to get a good grades. However, for the new year 12's the course has changed.
My teachers have told me that all the past papers and notes from previous course pattern is somewhat useless. They have just provided 2 specimen papers :frown:

Hence, are there any other ways to improve my understanding of the exam paper and the content itself, and are there any websites/reference books I could use which would enhance my theoretical understanding of the subject? If so, please do list them (these apply for the other subjects im taking aswell)

Thanks

Whilst the format of the exam has changed (a bit not like by a HUGE amount), the content has stayed pretty much the same, so past papers are still pretty damn useful.
hello,

Thanks
There is no substitute for practice. Get hold of all the past papers you can and go through them - several times if you have to. Although the examination format has changed, the laws and application of physics have not; we still live in the same physical universe!

This will put you on a solid foundation to deal with the real examinations at the end of year 13.
hello,

Thanks

I definitely agree with the other comments. Although the format of the exam has changed, physics hasn't. Practising questions is always useful, just check that the particular topic you're answering about is still relevant
Thank you guys :smile:
Reply 5
I'm taking the same subjects as you, and would recommend www.physicsandmathstutor.com its got info on the updated spec. Similarly www.hegartymaths.com/a-level is really good for maths.
Original post by hlebari
I'm taking the same subjects as you, and would recommend www.physicsandmathstutor.com its got info on the updated spec. Similarly www.hegartymaths.com/a-level is really good for maths.

Thanks!!

Btw, how are u finding these subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest