The Student Room Group

Having my own note taker?

Hi, can I have my own note taker and what is requirement? Will my note taker needs to have degree or needs to be self employed?
You wuld have to contact the person who did your needs assessment. Or was it recommended and you originally said no? Which was my situation and then I said I needed one. I then contacted the uni who sorted everything for me.
Reply 2
@AKHAN, you asked this question 4 years ago as well, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1727428 , if your circumstances have changed then it's best to ask your universities DSO since rules on note takers (and other assistance requiring people) has been changing.
Reply 3
Back in May, you posted that you had been refused DSA for your current study due to the length of the course, meaning that you are talking about arranging a note taker privately. This is something which you will have to arrange direct with the university. If they permit this outside the DSA system, then the note-taker's credentials might be specified by them. If the uni agree to having a privately-hired note taker and do not specify any criteria for them, then you can hire who you like.

Start by asking the uni's Student Support or Disability Support Service how to go about this. If it is allowed, they may even be able to recommend someone.

Quick Reply

Latest