The Student Room Group

Long-running tv shows you've watched every episode of?

Trying to find a great show to watch that has a lot of seasons.

A good show can capture your interest for a season or two, but it's the great shows that you stick it out with for the long haul.

Interested to see what long-running tv shows people have watched every episode (or nearly every episode of). By long -running I mean at least around 8+ seasons.

Scroll to see replies

Doctor who (all of the modern series and some of the old series too)

The Simpsons

Family Guy
Big Bang Theory, short episodes but my favourite long running tv show. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Peep Show. Completely hilarious
Reply 4
Don't know if it's considered long running, but The Office (The US version).

One of my favourite shows, and is absolutely hilarious.
Greys anatomy!
Supernatural!
Reply 7
Big bang Theory, Smallville, A Town Called Eureka, NCIS, Doctor Who (at least since Eccleston brought it back)
the grim adventures of Billie and Mandy
desperate housewives
six feet under
nip/tuck
Original post by eloise758
Don't know if it's considered long running, but The Office (The US version).

One of my favourite shows, and is absolutely hilarious.

Great shout out. That's my single favourite TV show of all time, love it so much, watched every single episode and re-watched them all countless times. Michael Scott and Dwight are absolutely epic, what an amazing show. I was very sad when Carell left the show, it wasn't the same without him. Still...what an amazing show. It's much more than just a comedy show. Michael Scott has to be my favourite character in a comedy show, that show is pure gold.

Another good one is Frasier. Slightly different from the standard American sitcom, for me it stood out.
Tracy Beaker (incl. Tracy Beaker Returns and The Dumping Ground)
Original post by That 2Fase
Great shout out. That's my single favourite TV show of all time, love it so much, watched every single episode and re-watched them all countless times. Michael Scott and Dwight are absolutely epic, what an amazing show. I was very sad when Carell left the show, it wasn't the same without him. Still...what an amazing show. It's much more than just a comedy show. Michael Scott has to be my favourite character in a comedy show, that show is pure gold.

Another good one is Frasier. Slightly different from the standard American sitcom, for me it stood out.

I agree that it wasn't the same when he left. Honestly, it's such a quotable series. I find myself quoting it all the time. Lost track of how many times I've watched it. Dwight and Michael are hilarious, but even the smaller characters like Creed are just as funny.
Sopranos, Supernatural,
Saw every episode of House more than once.
Bones, up to the current season (I don't know if the new one has started yet on UK TV, I know it's on in the states but not here).
Scrubs! (Not sure if this counts anymore given it's finished, but...)
Original post by eloise758
I agree that it wasn't the same when he left. Honestly, it's such a quotable series. I find myself quoting it all the time. Lost track of how many times I've watched it. Dwight and Michael are hilarious, but even the smaller characters like Creed are just as funny.

You're just like me, I've been quoting this show for years now (I used to watch it every single day) and the best thing is that people don't realise, I've never met anyone irl who's watched it. Yes, definitely, it's got endless hilarious quotes, especially from my favourite two characters Michael and Dwight. I thought Ed Helms did a decent job after Carell left. Creed is absolutely brilliant, such an epic character!!! Every single line he delivers is gold.
Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad.

Also Top Gear (if it counts), seen every episode at least twice, know the full script of many episodes.
Original post by That 2Fase
You're just like me, I've been quoting this show for years now (I used to watch it every single day) and the best thing is that people don't realise, I've never met anyone irl who's watched it. Yes, definitely, it's got endless hilarious quotes, especially from my favourite two characters Michael and Dwight. I thought Ed Helms did a decent job after Carell left. Creed is absolutely brilliant, such an epic character!!! Every single line he delivers is gold.

Whenever I quote it no one has a clue, they just think I'm a tad strange.
Reply 19
Original post by MAINE.
Trying to find a great show to watch that has a lot of seasons.

A good show can capture your interest for a season or two, but it's the great shows that you stick it out with for the long haul.

Interested to see what long-running tv shows people have watched every episode (or nearly every episode of). By long -running I mean at least around 8+ seasons.

Many but the best among them was ramayan which is around 300 episode.

Its a epic story of hindu god Ram.

But its in hindi.

Quick Reply

Latest