The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Indians are more diverse. Pakistani are generally taller and fairer in complexity. It's also cleaner than India.
Most Pakistanis wish to identify more with Arabs because of religion, not geography. They know they are South Asian but religiously they are closer to Arabs/Persians than most Indians, which isn't exactly wrong.

Overall they tend to have Arabic names and the Urdu language while originally identical to Hindi is heavily Perso-Arabized in some respects and the writing system is completely different. I think as time goes on Pakistan is politically, religiously, and to an extent culturally trying to distant itself far away from India and from the looks of things, they seem to be succeeding.

Most look Persian physically speaking or Punjabi/North Indian - none of them resemble the Tamils of the southern portion of India and hence it's hard to determine how "Indian" they look when you're comparing two different localities of a subcontinent. Very few Pakistanis are dark-skinned in the way that Indians can get and thus they can usually be differentiated in person. I tend to find Pakistanis are more handsome, have fuller beards, and their skin is usually a dark olive versus a full brown. Clothing is also different because of Islam with the exception of shalwar kameez and some dietary habits/customs.

I will say from personal appearance most Pakistanis dislike India and I find most of them tend to suck up to Arabs/Persians.