The Student Room Group

Attracted to this guy at college, but too shy to talk to him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
x

Maybe write him another note asking if he wants to go for some Frappuccinos and get to know him then?

Spoiler

Thing is, he isn't a chav. What gives you that impression?

you go to college
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe write him another note asking if he wants to go for some Frappuccinos and get to know him then?

Spoiler

Do you think? We study the same course(s), so I think suggesting to revise at the library together would be a subtler option, no?

And nope.
Do you think? We study the same course(s), so I think suggesting to revise at the library together would be a subtler option, no?

And nope.

Good idea :borat:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Ok i dont think it is forceful :smile: i think it is just finding a common interest

Ok fair enough

Aww thanks:tongue:

http://studentanansi101.tumblr.com/ hi, do you mind reading and telling me what you think about my poems?
Original post by scrawlx101
http://studentanansi101.tumblr.com/ hi, do you mind reading and telling me what you think about my poems?

Please don't promote your poetry on my thread. Thank you.
Please don't promote your poetry on my thread. Thank you.

sorry my advice to you is just talk to him by the way :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
sorry my advice to you is just talk to him by the way :smile:

It's alright. :biggrin: And thank you.
I have never spoken to a guy before, except in situations where it's necessary (i.e. regarding essays due, exams, or something else which is work-related). :blushing: Not only that, I haven't ever hugged, kissed or gotten comfy with the opposite gender (and I shouldn't, at the impressionable age of 16) :eyebrow: - I tend to brush them off whenever they try getting close to me because I don't deem them fit (not the British equivalent of 'hot' :wink:) enough to. :rolleyes: They usually also fail to hold a striking conversation with me. I mean, two minutes is more than enough to do so, right? :tongue: This dude (whom I see three times a week) has an absolutely great sense of humour, refrains from balderdash most (or all) of the time, and to top it up, he knows his priorities. :suith: He has no social media accounts, is in the library studying his butt off whenever he has a free, and keeps his friendship group small. :work: In terms of looks, he's below average, but I don't care about that; I'm flawed myself. :biggrin:

Long story short, I tried to talk to him yesterday. I suggested he read a particular poem (which I was convinced he would be able to relate to) and noted it down on a piece of paper for him. Whilst handing him the piece of paper I had torn from my notebook, my hand began to shake rather uncontrollably. :argh: He saw this, but didn't comment on it, spontaneously reaching out for the paper I held out to him, "Thank you very much". In response, he did the same - tore a piece of paper from his adorable notebook, noted a poem and handed it to me. :redface: Quite surprised, I was.

Today, I asked him whether he had read what I suggested, and he replied with, "I loved it". :banana:

I guess all I'm asking is, what now? :unsure:
Start planning names for your two children and golden retriever.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Start planning names for your two children and golden retriever.

Aww! :ahee:
Aww! :ahee:
Coming to think of it, the biggest turn-on for him would actually be planning for a mortgage together.
Original post by thechemistress
This is so cute

So, so cute! I want to know what happens next. :daydreaming:
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Coming to think of it, the biggest turn-on for him would actually be planning for a mortgage together.

And a relationship breakdown after a few years, sure. Sounds like a brilliant plan!
And a relationship breakdown after a few years, sure. Sounds like a brilliant plan!
Not if your spreadsheets are ironclad!
Original post by Amy. J S
So, so cute! I want to know what happens next. :daydreaming:

Next time I'll see him will be on the 3rd of November. Chance is, nothing will happen. *sigh*
buy some condoms, by the sound of things its moving rather quickly
Original post by danalwill
buy some condoms, by the sound of things its moving rather quickly

Hilarious.
Thank you!

And how do I try to find those similarities? :s-smilie: I know we both like to read (and write), and that's about it.

1) see what mutual friends say?
2) has he joined any school clubs or societies?
3) find out what he wants to study at uni maybe?

:biggrin:
I have never spoken to a guy before, except in situations where it's necessary (i.e. regarding essays due, exams, or something else which is work-related). :blushing: Not only that, I haven't ever hugged, kissed or gotten comfy with the opposite gender (and I shouldn't, at the impressionable age of 16) :eyebrow: - I tend to brush them off whenever they try getting close to me because I don't deem them fit (not the British equivalent of 'hot' :wink:) enough to. :rolleyes: They usually also fail to hold a striking conversation with me. I mean, two minutes is more than enough to do so, right? :tongue: This dude (whom I see three times a week) has an absolutely great sense of humour, refrains from balderdash most (or all) of the time, and to top it up, he knows his priorities. :suith: He has no social media accounts, is in the library studying his butt off whenever he has a free, and keeps his friendship group small. :work: In terms of looks, he's below average, but I don't care about that; I'm flawed myself. :biggrin:

Long story short, I tried to talk to him yesterday. I suggested he read a particular poem (which I was convinced he would be able to relate to) and noted it down on a piece of paper for him. Whilst handing him the piece of paper I had torn from my notebook, my hand began to shake rather uncontrollably. :argh: He saw this, but didn't comment on it, spontaneously reaching out for the paper I held out to him, "Thank you very much". In response, he did the same - tore a piece of paper from his adorable notebook, noted a poem and handed it to me. :redface: Quite surprised, I was.

Today, I asked him whether he had read what I suggested, and he replied with, "I loved it". :banana:

I guess all I'm asking is, what now? :unsure:

This story is so beautiful... Just the cutest ever :daydreaming: He seems sweet and like he has a good head on his shoulders. It sounds like he had a good response and the ice is breaking so perhaps follow up with recommending another poem or ask him if he can recommend anything to you :smile:
Update: We've exchanged numbers and plan on spending some time together this coming week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending